Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#631606 Wed Sep 30 2015 07:03 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well, I didn't ever think it would happen, but I have flat "RUN OUT OF ROOM". I have accumulated more Cities Service globes recently, and in order to display everything, I am going to "HAVE TO" sell some of my other brands!
All three of these are very nice globes that I have had for many years, and all three are mounted on very, very nice bodies!
The 15 inch is fairly hard to find, and VERY hard to find in this condition. These are 9+ lenses and they are on an original high profile body with original paint. Pretty tough to fault this globe anywhere.
The Texaco star is a complete original Hull piece. Hull lenses, dated 9/39 and mounted on their original, flawless Hull, copper screw base body! It just doesn't get any better than this.
The Texaco Ethyl is the only one of the bunch with any issues. The display lens is very nice condition, but the back lens had a piece broken out that I epoxyed back in. You can't even tell it from 5 feet away, and its probably stronger than it was originally, but it is there! The lenses are mounted on another absolutely flawless 13 1/2 inch screw base body!
I would like to try and sell them as a group at first, and will try them until Peotone gets really close. If you are interested in a single globe, please let me know, and if the group has not sold yet, I will split the group up and notify the interested parties. I would also take a partial trade in of any Cities Service globe that I don't currently have
I have the group of three priced at $5000 and I can deliver them to Peotone.!

Texaco Globes 013.JPG Texaco Globes 010.JPG Texaco Globes 003.JPG Texaco Globes 006.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
what a trio! That 15" is AMAZING

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Wow!! Quite a trio is right!!
And that 15" is amazing!! Original paint!! Hard to beat for me!!
Someone is going to end up with some great additions to their collection!!

Last edited by Steve C.; Thu Oct 01 2015 03:22 AM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Steve C.
Wow!! Quite a trio is right!!
And that 15" is amazing!! Original paint!! Hard to beat for me!!
Someone is going to end up with some great additions to their collection!!
Double Ditto !

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OK, the Kyle Moore auction is over and we all know how our funds are sitting. Personally, my Cities Service collection grew by 2 more globes yesterday, and just that much more reason to get these Texaco's sold.
I have discounted them fairly reasonably for a package of three, and they won't be any cheaper as a package. I will let them go for that price for today, and after that, I am sending out emails to all the individuals that requested prices on individual globes. I hope they sell, but at the same time, I hate to let them go because I've had them for an awful long time.

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
All globes are sold--thank you!

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved