Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mikegoe Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Looking for some values of these few items. The casite display has 6 full cans in fair condition. Cans and rack should clean up a little. Phillips sign is about 8 feet long and made by veribrite sign co. Sorry it isn't a very close photo but overall condition is good. Shell sign is a large 2 piece sign 5-6' tall with some fading and rust spots(as seen in photo) Thank you for any feedback. I cant seem to find like items for sale or sold to get an estimated value.

sign2.JPG sign3.JPG sign1.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The Casite rack w/o cans I've sold before. Usually I end up splitting them apart and selling the rack and the sign separate 30/60. The cans if they won't clean maybe $6ea of course more if they will clean. I'd think as a unit someone would offer in the $100-140 range.

Phillips I haven't seen, but I'd bet an easy $700 if it's as clean as it looks, and likely higher. I believe it's a depot sign for local bulk plant.

Shell sign, $600-800(if you can show some gloss higher) as the 2-piece w/both sections. Usually you see the top. And crazy enough I've seen just the top sell at auction for over $500 in slightly better shape.

Price/region on the Shell might vary too. But there's alot of collectors for those Shell signs.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
M
Mikegoe Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thank you very much for the input. It's very much appreciated. I have several more items to post once I get some better pics. I am quite new to petroliana but have inherited a rather large collection from my father and am trying to learn and continue his passion for this hobby. You guys are a great help.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
From the picture of the shell sign it looks like it doesn't match up size wise, colors seem to be off also from one to the other, just pointing that out.

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved