Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
The book will be going to the printer shortly, my hope it will be available before Christmas.

The book will contain a lot of things besides pictures and value, one that I am working on is a list of visible cylinder sizes. I know there is a small list in the gas pump supply catalogs, but I want to really cover the subject, so I any of you can supply me with any information I would really appreciate it. Post it here or email me at: jhsim@petrocollect.com

Please give me your first and last names so I can acknowledge your contribution.

Thanks,

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jack, if you go to the frequently asked questions on the forum page - There is a really good list of cylinder sizes and what they fit that was put together by Tim Rohr. He did a lot of research to put the list together. It is the most comprehensive list I have ever found.

Maybe you could add the gallon indicator list he put together also.

just a thought

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This was what I was going to suggest. I have the link if you can't get it to work for some reason....GB

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Thanks to both of you. I now have the list from Tim, if any of you notice anything that isn't included, let me know.

As for the indicators (sticks as Tim calls them). I supplied many of the pictures he used, but I don't have enough room in the book to post a complete stick so I tried to zoom in on just the indicator and because of the resulations most were just too blurry, and after working on them for at least a week I just gave up. I have been able to identify over 150 outside sight glasses (actually covering over 200 pumps) that will be in their own section of the book, but this is just to be looked at as a "project in progress." Hopefully someone like Tim or someone else will pick up on this and the indicators and complete the project.

Twenty eight months ago I made a promise that the book would be finished in six months, but I just had the feeling that this would be the last book printed about gas pumps and that I wanted it to be what I call a true "Gas Pump book." Meaning that if you had a copy of the book you wouldn't have to come here on OG asking "What size cylinder does my pump take," What outside sight glass am I looking for (or what sight glass have I just found)," or what size rubber/ad glass fits in my pump. I know I can't put every detail about every pump in this book, but I am sure trying my best to again make it a true "GAS PUMP BOOK."

Thanks again to everyone who ever sent me pictures or offered to, I should have done this before writing the 1st or 2nd editions.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I cannot wait Jack, thank you!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved