Next Thread
Print Thread
#63389 Mon Oct 25 2004 06:48 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Have the website up and running so I changed my user name from C Cragg. Really bummed I missed the Stokes bash after seeing those photos, but then the poor man would just be alot poorer if I would have gone.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1ap7a/

C Cragg
#63390 Mon Oct 25 2004 07:11 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
It does not look that poor to me!! Cool looking gas station and pumps. Thanks for sharing with us.
Don

#63391 Mon Oct 25 2004 08:03 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Thanks for the feedback!

It does look like alot, but the idea behind the site is to show new collectors that they can still build a nice collection on a limited budget over a short period of time. I only started collecting two years ago when I built the fantasy Texaco as an outdoor area for my game room. Since then I started collecting the lighted signs which led to collecting cans and other memorabilia to go with the signs. My rule of thumb is that I shop at garage sales, swap meets and flea markets and don't pay over five bucks for an item (and usually a buck or less). Obviously the light up signs usually cost more but I have bought most of them from 99 cents to around 25 bucks. There are a few exceptions on the signs, but lately, since my collection has grown, that has been my limit.
I believe that the key to making a nice impression with a collection is how it is displayed, so I have concentrated on arranging my display so that it is interesting given the space that I have.

Thanks to this website and the experienced collectors here I have learned alot in a short time and picked up some great ideas from the showcases. (Heck, I even forced myself to learn how to post pictures and build a website because of this crazy hobby).

It's hard to explain to the wife why I spend so much time online talking about GAS!

[This message has been edited by the poor mans museum (edited 10-25-2004).]

C Cragg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved