Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Meanwhile back in Canada Double Pumps are strong

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...RED-INDIAN-PUMP

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
beautiful pumps.. ... cool

RANDY
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Question is though, how to get our pumps back up there to take advantage of this.
Some people have extras.

Craig
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Craig,

Take a road trip

N
N
Very Interesting Auction, another rare piece in the sale was the Bengal Gasoline sign , great addition to the Globe just sold at Morphy's Oct 5th sale
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...PEP-POWER-36X66

Last edited by nostalgiastore; Sat Oct 24 2015 10:36 PM.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Try getting something over the border that direction, easy to come back with something. Canadians have an easier time doing the same thing, at least here.

Craig
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Never a lot of problems going either way . Little bit of a pain sometimes but its minor . Going in and out they are pretty good as long as your not a drug dealer lol

Last edited by redindianguy; Sun Oct 25 2015 10:42 AM.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Dave
Did any of these pumps find their way to St Clements??

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
lol no Bill I have enough to get finished around here lol. Now that the girls hockey has started up I have some lonely unfinished gas pumps .

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's always easy bringing pumps back into your own country that you reside in, but it's not easy exporting things into another country where you want to take it in with you for the purposes of selling it, especially when it's high value. For instance, if you wanted to bring pumps into Canada for the purposes of selling them or auctioning them up here, all items must be brokered in with full paperwork and then they are taxed coming in. Same holds true for any Canadian wanting to take something of high value into the USA for the purposes of selling it stateside.

I have been stopped at the border taking in a sign valued at 10K and while I was able to pay a commercial fee and take it in that time, I was warned never to do it again unless there was paperwork from a customs broker to import anything of a higher value than $1000 or so. I then asked if I could take my own signs down to a swap meet to sell them, and the US CBP said not unless the items have been brokered in advance. Same holds true for US Citizens who want to bring things up here and sell them.

If it's something being sold and shipped it's another story, but carrying items over into another country to sell them to a citizen of another country is a whole different can of worms no matter what direction it's going. I've had low value items go with me no problem, but if it's something of higher value it's a red flag. The guys at US/Canada customs are starting to figure out what a lot of this stuff is worth now days and they all want their fair share of the pie with regards to fees and taxes. If you then want to try declaring it at a lower value, you run the risk of it being confiscated and being banned from crossing the border for 5 years. I know others who have tried that and being fined heavily.

Just food for thought.

Earl

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By redindianguy
Meanwhile back in Canada Double Pumps are strong

Did anyone know any of the under bidders on any of these pumps. I heard that one person bought a lot of these items and since much of it was in the higher price range, I am left to wonder who was pushing those prices up there? Seems very high to me when two similar CV doubles sold for less than half of that in the last 60 days?

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...ASTIC-CYLINDERS

A restored twin an Morphy's sold for 13,500 USD and the last one at Shackletons was 12,000 plus the fees. One has to wonder how these prices are so highly inflated when twins don't normally reach those heights?

Earl

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Which team, do you coach ?

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The backup bidder on the Bengal sign was from Western Canada and the winning bidder of the sign is from Oregon. Many of the pumps went to a Multi Millionaire from Ontario who was there to play on the weekend and bought over $250K in pumps and signs.

I guess he had some fun at that sale!

Earl

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Wow, maybe needs to play more.

Craig
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings