Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#634589 - Tue Oct 27 2015 08:25 AM You found that sign where??
Steven C. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Over the weekend I drove up to Flint, Mi. to pick up an item I won in an auction. I knew there had been a Gargoyle flange sign also sold in the auction so I asked if I could just see it. The guy said, according to the seller, it was drug up from the bottom of the St Clair River. If you know how big that river is, you'll understand that its one in a million that this piece is back in circulation.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.a...-Sign-15.5-X-24

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#634590 - Tue Oct 27 2015 08:34 AM Re: You found that sign where?? [Re: Steven C.]
Done4 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan, Union Pier
Pretty cool story, I was told that around here six foot signs were used on river banks to prevent erosion. Would love to know where those rivers are. Les

#634607 - Tue Oct 27 2015 11:50 AM Re: You found that sign where?? [Re: Steven C.]
TheGriffin Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama
Last year I pulled up 7 of the big oval Spur signs that were being used as a sea wall for a small creek in a guys back yard..... Sometimes it's just amazing where it crops up!

#634619 - Tue Oct 27 2015 01:57 PM Re: You found that sign where?? [Re: Steven C.]
pickurt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Northern California
Amazing story.

#634652 - Tue Oct 27 2015 07:02 PM Re: You found that sign where?? [Re: Steven C.]
rustynuts Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: NY
I had some luck in the spring of this year. A dam was open down stream. Def was not the St Clair River tho...just imagine whats in that water. Never know when or where...only gets found once & it wont be back next season.

Attachments
shellresize2.jpg

shellresize1.jpg

#634655 - Tue Oct 27 2015 07:23 PM Re: You found that sign where?? [Re: Steven C.]
Steven C. Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Wow! Now that's incredible!! That would have been there forever!

#634694 - Wed Oct 28 2015 07:21 AM Re: You found that sign where?? [Re: Steven C.]
DWSheffer Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Wowsers....nice Shell sign! smile

I guess I better start using my metal detector to find things other than coins and smalls!
Darin

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved