Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I am restoring my 50's texaco station, And would like to find some information about the green colors. Or possible color photo of an old texaco building from the 50's or 60's.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Unfortunately, I don't have any specific samples which I could send you, nor do I have access to different companies' paint codes. I would suggest doing a search for some period TEXACO magazine ads which have decent color pictures of the "ice house" style stations. One thing that I can tell you, though, is that The Texas Company had four different shades of green paint. The green which was used for the "T" in the trademark was officially designated "T green", and was what might also be called "pea green". This shade was also used on the lower portion of sales room walls. The upper portion of the walls was sort of a "watered-down" version of "T green". The trim around the bottom of the exterior of the station (as well as the lower portion of the walls in the bays) was kind of a dark "Kelley" green. The bands around the upper portion of the exterior (as well as the "WASHING" and "MARFAK LUBRICATION" lettering) were yet a fourth green - more of a lighter "Kelley" green.

(I know what you're thinking. I always wondered why they couldn't just have one damn shade of green, too! One of the big boys must have owned stock in Pittsburgh Paints or in Valspar.)

[This message has been edited by indianrefining1931 (edited 12-04-2002).]

Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I have two of the porcelain panels with the thre green stripes from around the top of the stations. I will try and take a good pic for you in the next few days.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the responce, I have the panels that go around the top of the building. They are different than the paint color around the windows.. But I could use some more panels, I have some damaged..Thanks.

N
N
You may want to look at doityourselfnon.com for neon repair parts...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved