Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Hello all...Looking to wire up the lights on my Gilbarco 994. The inside has been gutted but the lights are still in tact up top. Just looking to see how you guys wired your similar pumps? Thanks.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
K
I start by mounting an electical junction box to the frame of the pump. I then run new wires from the lights to the junction box. I use the junction box to marrett an extension cord with the wires from the lights.

If I preplanned where the pump will go in the house/shop, I have some receptacles switched using a regular light switch. I use this switch to turn the lights on and off instead of using the pump switch.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Never done that specific model yet, my father has a few I'd like to restore. Typically, I drill a hole in the base or create a notch on the very bottom where I run the power cord thru the pump. I sacrifice an extension cord, so that installing a plug end is unnecessary. I'll place an electrical box inside the pump where I wire a dimmer switch, usually mounted to the frame and somewhere easy to reach via an access panel. The extension cord runs up the frame to the box. i use cable ties to attach the power cord to the inside frame, small black ones. I typically put a knot in the cord on the inside at the bottom base, or use some method similiar to create a strain relief in case someone jerks on the cord. Then run up from the dimmer switch to the lights. Lots of times the pump has a switch near the top, i usually try to make that work if I can replace the switch. If not I'll put in a new push button on/off switch somewhere near the top. I use three wire electrical cord and usually ground in the electrical box. Also like to use LED light bulbs to keep the heat down, the pumps gets really hot inside being an enclosed space.

Last edited by Paul Bell; Mon Nov 16 2015 01:48 AM.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
A
OP Offline
A
Good deal...got the base, sides, top and doors all painted today. Tomorrow will be glass and hopefully will start putting her back together. Ive never been much of an electrical person...lol. Thanks for the advice.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
your at a good point to do that wiring, before the panels just make it harder. I usually really take my time wiring, everything electrical I do is brand new, I don't reuse anything that electricity flows through. Figure better safe than sorry. It's more time consuming than you'd think it be, but not hard at all.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved