Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#637255 - Tue Nov 17 2015 09:14 AM "Display Rigging"...Working With Flawed Signs!
Stephenwarren30 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Central Texas
Several years ago I purchased this large, two sided Mobilgas Socony sign. It had the two left side edges cut off. Otherwise, it was a pretty nice old sign. I mounted it to plywood and duplicated the two missing edges. I spray painted the white background. Then I painted the dark blue strips. Once I mounted the sign to the plywood and to the garage wall, the flaws are barely visible. This is one of my favorite signs. I wondered if others have done similar things to display their "less than perfect" signs?

Attachments
Stephenwarren30.jpg

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#637257 - Tue Nov 17 2015 09:31 AM Re: "Display Rigging"...Working With Flawed Signs! [Re: Stephenwarren30]
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Great job . Looks good too me . Way to save it. All these pieces deserve a spot in our collection .Saving the past is the most important thing we can do .

#637368 - Tue Nov 17 2015 07:00 PM Re: "Display Rigging"...Working With Flawed Signs! [Re: Stephenwarren30]
Paul Bell Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Northern CA
Looks great, I know matching that white must have been a pain in the butt.

#637418 - Tue Nov 17 2015 10:50 PM Re: "Display Rigging"...Working With Flawed Signs! [Re: Stephenwarren30]
bsplichal95 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hays, Kansas
Wow, that's impressive. Great job!

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved