Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#637375 Tue Nov 17 2015 06:18 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello everyone, I am new to the group, about a month. I Bought a 1952 Tokheim short 39 pump in decent shape about 5 weeks ago I jumped right in and have the doors. panels, and top out to the media blaster for paint prep. The pump appears to be very complete. I'm pretty excited about restoring it. I am having trouble with this part (X) not wanting to stay on. It was found behind the cardboard, on the base of the computer, along with the spring. It appears to move the "teeth" that close/open over the dials. When I attach the spring, part X wants to pull off. I wonder if it was originally crimped on, or a clip at the top came off. I had a hard time getting this part to fit in there. I ended up removing a small pin near where the spring attaches so I had room to get it behind the round wheel. There is a brass washer behind the part the spring attaches to, but not sure if its in the right spot. Then the red part with slot's got turned while the pin was out, so I am not sure if its pointed the right way. I am considering getting in touch with a member I have read past posts from named Joe Yokum? In reading the posts, I see he has a GREAT deal of experience with pump computers. Getting somewhat intimidated by all these gears, sprockets, and moving parts, and lack of schematics and knowledge. Thanks everyone.
If anyone can offer some advice on what I should do or what I have said I appreciate it.

FullSizeRenderMA31108080-0001 (150x113).jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

I'd suggest you get a hold of Joe before you play with it anymore.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know a guy near you that will make it work and look almost brand new for $180, if you want it restored properly. PM me

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you don't have a degree in Engineering I suggest you get a hold of Jim, but if you want to tackle it yourself I suggest you get a manual for your computer: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/veeder-root.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Jack! This is why I am so glad I joined the group! Great help and great people. Steve B I'll send a PM. Copy that blacktee.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Jack! This is why I am so glad I joined the group! Great help and great people. Steve B I'll send a PM. Copy that blacktee.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A re-direction (after my name was mentioned) to someone else who will do it "properly" including a cash amount?
Sounds like a offer to sell and a dig at me if at the same time.
Thanks a lot for supporting a Veteran Member.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
All I know is you can't beat expierience . Pay's off every time.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have only ever dealt with Joe Yocum. I don't think there is a better, more honest rebuilder out there? If there is, I haven't met him. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
About 10 computers now from Joe over 20 years and very happy.

Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Sun Nov 29 2015 02:01 PM.

Craig
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Joe is the man ! Tom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe, Please don't take offense to my post. When I said "done properly" it was not anything against you, it was because the original poster sounded like HE was overwhelmed with the task and did not know how to do it. The fact that I merely suggested the guy who does my computers, was because he lives close to the original poster (an hour away). I have used him numerous times and he does good work.

I know your work is top-notch, as the hundreds/thousands of posts on this web-site will attest to. For what it's worth, that was not a jab at you at all, just merely a suggestion due to location (and due to the original posters frustration and request for any advice).

Although I have not used you personally, I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone I know, due to your excellent reputation and all of the excellent feedback on this site.

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Nov 29 2015 08:31 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your computer arrived today, and has been started on.
Thanks
Joe

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved