Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jack Sim #639395 Thu Dec 03 2015 09:06 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I strongly agree with the above post from Scott and Ryan. The book needs to have prices otherwise it's like buying a Playboy without pictures.

Thanks for everything you have done for this hobby Jack.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Jack Sim #639400 Thu Dec 03 2015 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BINGO Ryan!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Jack Sim #639405 Thu Dec 03 2015 11:08 PM
B
B
I 2nd that...

racecop #639430 Fri Dec 04 2015 07:13 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Originally Posted By racecop
I strongly agree with the above post from Scott and Ryan. The book needs to have prices otherwise it's like buying a Playboy without pictures.

Thanks for everything you have done for this hobby Jack.

Just remember playboy is changing their format also ! No more juicy pics. Better keep those old issues ! 😆

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Jack Sim #639432 Fri Dec 04 2015 07:39 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Although I still don't have a need for values from my perspective, I do think those that have expressed their opinions for values have made some strong points and I see the wisdom in including them.

As for the timing of this question, it sounds like Jack is in full control and can make changes right up to the last minute. So that being the case I guess it's up to Jack whether to include prices. It will be a great book either way!

I especially like the idea of a rarity rating, works good in the globe book.

Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Jack Sim #639454 Fri Dec 04 2015 10:01 AM
S
S
I agree with value

Jack Sim #639466 Fri Dec 04 2015 10:45 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I myself would prefer the value.... I ttink I fit what most people are...run of the mill guy that thinks there neat. Or kinda go with a theam thay have going on
I also have no ideal at all on value of the pumps. Even the more commen pumps. And i have 7
Lot of guys tbat are saying no value..... you are the most diehard. And know these pumps inside and out. And thats great yoj do. So can help guys like me that know nothen. YOU dont need a value. You already know what your looking at
It would be like a non car guy looking looking at a 70 cuda and a 74 cuda. Both look for the most part the same car. But there is a good bit of difference in value between the 2. A non car guy could pay the price a 70 cuda for a 74 cuda. And not know he way over paid for something that for the most part. Looks to be same car....that make sence??
Case in point. Not long ago was a fellow wanting a visible repo pump. Some offered him pumps that I thought was oretty cheap. As iv never found and that price....the guy offering said he knew of a few. That were around same price. Well my experience has been. Sence you dont see them often. They must be worth millions.. if some could see a value in print. Of a pump they have. Least it may then be possible for others to own and learn about the pumps???......my .02 cents

1970 pro street cuda.
1970 cuda convertable
Jack Sim #639473 Fri Dec 04 2015 11:06 AM
J
J
your book has been a bible for me with unknown pumps , With the market in the past 3 -5 years who could put a accurate value on pumps . Just the pure knowledge in the book is invaluable alone , our Friend Bob Lowrery attends most shows and swap meets as a picker , and the prices he tells me they are getting are surprising
they are still going up .$ cant weight for the next book ( thank you I appreciate it)
Jay

High quality restorations , Body and paint guy
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved