Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Old Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Gang,

Please take a look at this interlocking mechanism for my Wayne 70 pump. Again, I'm a newbie, so don't laugh too hard at my question. This part of my pump came to me in pieces, so I've never seen one assembled. I guessed at getting it this far. I realize this entire assembly mounts on the inside of the pump panel and the spoon ends up on the outside. My question is how do the hexagonal button shafts mount to the stamped metal piece that rotates as they push in and out? Each has a cotter pin in it. Are these original, or were the originals, round shafts? Also, what am I missing to make this mechanism work properly? I realize the shaft from the computer attaches to the interlock and I also have the cover for the mechanism. Is there a spring or something that keeps the stamped rotating bracket in place that pushes on the button shafts? I do not have the actual motor / pump in the bottom anymore, so if it was supposed to tie to something down below the computer, I couldn't tell.

I appreciate pictures of the correct way it should be assembled with the pieces that I may be missing.

Thanks also for answering my first question about where the pump bell mounts.

Old Joe

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
The buttons do not attach to the assembly, they simply push on the levers.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

O
Old Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Are they supposed to be spring loaded? The way the mechanism is right now, There is nothing that keeps the button shafts in place against the rotating stamped piece. Nothing would push the spoon out, nor would the button under the spoon move out if you pulled the spoon outward after removing the hose nozzle.

You are way overthinking this. When one button is pushed in, the other one is pushed out. There are no springs.

The bottom button is pushed in it pushes the nozzle fork out with the top button. When replacing the nozzle, the nozzle fork is pushed in which in turn pushes the bottom button back out where is belongs.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There was a linkage connected to the pivot arm that went down to the electric motor. The motor had a switch on it, so pushing the buttons in and out would turn the motor on and off. Your buttons are original but also came round.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved