Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Last few pic`s.

rsz_garage_2014-1.jpg rsz_garage_2014-2.jpg rsz_garage_2014-3.jpg rsz_garage_2014-4.jpg rsz_garage_2014-5.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Forgot these two.

rsz_garage_2014-6.jpg rsz_garage_2014-7.jpg

Dave GILL,
F
F
WOW amizing Dave.

WTB GREASE & Handy oilers
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Very nice Dave! Looks awesome.Thanks for sharing. Mark

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You guys must have missed that back in January!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
So many signs..amazing..do you have any idea how many you have?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks, guys...glad you enjoyed it.

Dave GILL,
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Awesome Dave!,, Man I can't believe it!,, and I've seen some of these before!!!

Unbelievable collection you have Dave, I will have to go through all the posts several times to see everything. Love the neon BA sign you made, looks amazing! Thanks for sending me the link.
Paul

Paul
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Pumps look great Dave, and the whole thing looks better all the time.

Craig
N
N
like the sconce love the collection, thanks for showing that Dave, it gives me something to aim for....good little helper ya have there.
regards
a
Nigel

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Wow, I'm so moved...I checked into Oldgas.com today and found PM's inquiring about my well being. It is an overwhelming and powerful feeling to know that there are those that can care to that degree about someone they have never met. I thank you, my friends for taking the time to inquire. Your gesture of friendship and compassion means a lot to me and I hold you with respect in the same high regard!

As many of you are aware, I'm a hoarder. I live, on a two acre property that is absolutely crammed full. I have about 4000 square feet of buildings that barely have enough room to walk through. During the past 8 years my wife and I have considered building a new house and a super size shop on the property. To the point, where we have designed the house and building and had obtained building permits. But then came to the realization, that I simply had two much stuff for a 2 acre property.

Life; kinda has a way of getting away. Busy with work and raising children we lose sight of the fact that each year that passes us by we are getting further and further away from getting all our projects completed in our life time. I felt like, I was at a cross road in my life. If, I didn't start working towards getting started on all the things that I wanted to soon...I was going to run out of time. At 48, in all reality I have probably lived 2/3rds of my life. With less years ahead of me then behind me, I decided to take some action and control of this whole collecting thing.

Found myself doing some soul searching...I considered all the time I had spent away from my family over the years chasing cars and stuff. Carrying some guilt of the past, I wanted to move forward ensuring I spent more time with my family. I wanted to find that happy balance between collecting and family. Bearing in mind, that we don't take any of this with us and all we leave behind is the memories we have created with those we love and those that have loved us. I considered selling everything, but I wasn't quite done enjoying this stuff.

With my wife's love, support and approval, we decided to either find a another place by the end of 2015 or downsize my collection and go ahead with building the new house and shop.

My wife was in charge of checking the local real estate listings. Long story short, in June of this year, we bought another place. The property we bought is 4.5 acres and has two houses on it, the best part is, 35,000 sq ft of out buildings. (90’x250’, 40’x230’, 30’x50’).

All that soul searching and philosophical stuff....in the end I just ignored it all. I have never been more busier in life or have worked so hard for so long. I have made my life ten times busier then I was, and am struggling to make time for family and friends. I guess it's true, no rest for the wicked!

It will probably take me another 12 months before I'm moved and can even consider selling our current 2 acre property. Then probably another 2 years before I have my collection set up again. I haven't been out buying items as I have no time.

If I were to clear out the two big buildings, I have enough room to park more than a 125 full size cars indoors with space between them. I have instructed my wife to put me out of my misery and shoot me, if I ever out grow this place!

That my friends, is the reason why I been MIA (missing in action) for the past 5 months and probably will be for some time to come.

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good to hear from you again Dave and more happy to know that you are still doing well and continuing to build on your dreams and have exciting future plans. I have a feeling that you have planned well ahead and have a much more detailed plan for your future than what you have outlined in your post and I have no doubt you will make it all happen. Good luck in the future and check in with Oldgas every chance you get....Gary

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's not called hoarding when everything has a place, is categorized and is tidy--it's called the back lot of a movie studio, the basement of a museum, the parts department of a racing team, etc., etc. LOL

Last edited by Nicole; Sat Dec 12 2015 01:26 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nicole I've been at Dave's place. He's right, he has a hoarding issue. There is almost no room for the air. The first step in "healing" is recognition of your issues, the second is to buy a bigger building! LOL

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved