Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#640833 Wed Dec 16 2015 02:15 PM
S
Solamar Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I know it's a long shot. This is the only photo I have of my Great Grandfathers service station, actually a restoration that I had done on an even worse copy of the picture...

Would love to know what type of pumps those are. Terrible picture, but maybe something will stick out.

Funny story that I remember being told by my grandfather - When he was a kid he worked at his dads service station pumping gas. About every 3-4 months Mae West would pull in on her way back to LA from San Diego. He had to fill the glass cylinder twice because her car was so big. She would tip him a dollar and he said that dollar would last until she drove through town again smile

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Solamar #640856 Wed Dec 16 2015 05:40 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
That's really tough to see. My GUESS would be a Vizo 83 on the left and a Wayne 515/615 on the right. But that's based on the fact that you're west coast and more of a feeling than anything. Too many shadows to see any detail.

S
Solamar Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By petropumps
That's really tough to see. My GUESS would be a Vizo 83 on the left and a Wayne 515/615 on the right. But that's based on the fact that you're west coast and more of a feeling than anything. Too many shadows to see any detail.

Thanks PetroPumps, That gives me something to go on. Both pumps appear to have dark globes, the one on the left looks like it has a large hole clear through it. Might just be my imagination, but looks like there is a yellow ribbon tied around the left pump confused

Solamar #640950 Thu Dec 17 2015 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think one of them has an empty globe holder...

You might want to check with your county historical society. There may be an advertisement for the 'grand opening' of the station with a better picture for you.

Nicole #640960 Thu Dec 17 2015 02:18 PM
S
Solamar Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By Nicole
I think one of them has an empty globe holder...

You might want to check with your county historical society. There may be an advertisement for the 'grand opening' of the station with a better picture for you.

I did contact the Historical Society and they are quite helpful. They sent me a couple pictures of a "Days of 49" celebration that showed a service station. Wrong one, but you guys might enjoy the pictures so I'll attach -

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved