Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#643643 Wed Jan 13 2016 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OK--I stumbled across this ebay ad for a Wayne clockface display pump that keeps saying its ORIGINAL and not some cheap reproduction!! This is all bull cr*p!
In the first place, the ID tag identifies this pump as a 60C and even gives the serial number. Wayne 60C, serial number 76138 BDP, was made in 1939 and is identified as a computer pump.
There were NEVER any clockface Wayne 60's labeled as a 60. They were all labeled as 866 and used letter designations to identify the special characteristics. There was NEVER any Wayne 60 type display cases that used the letter C for a designation. They were all "S" designated pumps.
We all know how easy it is to change a Wayne 60 into an 866, especially if you have the parts from a junked out 866! We also know about the display case kits used to turn normal Wayne 60's into display case pumps------BUT there are so many little differences that the average collector does not know about, that the only way you can make an accurate forgery of a Wayne 60 type display case pump, is to have a junked out one to start with! Even that won't guarantee complete accuracy, because there are small differences in some of the sheet metal parts!
I can tell from the pictures in the ebay ad, that the doors are reproduction, and a quick glance reveals the wrong reset crank for an 866.
This is such a blatant attempt at fraud, that I had to at least warn the Old Gas membership about it. Maybe my warning will carry thru to one of the possible customers watching this forgery?
If someone knows who this scam artist it, please tell me and I will personally contact him. He is from the same town as the fellow constructing false Wayne 50's, could he be the same person?
It does not bother me for a person to use reproduction parts to change his own gas pump to suit his desires, but when it is done as an obvious forgery with the intent of deceiving customers for the intent of personal gain, it really makes me mad!! I hope it bothers the rest of you too! This is just not right!!!

Fake Display Pump

Last edited by K W FRITH; Wed Jan 13 2016 08:08 PM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #643649 Wed Jan 13 2016 08:26 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very well written Kevin!!!!

K W FRITH #643653 Wed Jan 13 2016 08:32 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Well put Kevin.

Thanks, Phil
K W FRITH #643665 Thu Jan 14 2016 06:46 AM
I saw that ad on ebay. It is quite obvious that there is a bunch wrong with that pump. I contacted ebay on it, for all the good that did.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

K W FRITH #643666 Thu Jan 14 2016 07:00 AM
Hahahaha, you should see the email the seller just sent me. A quote from Ron White comes to mind.

Last edited by Ryan Underthun; Thu Jan 14 2016 07:06 AM.

K W FRITH #643667 Thu Jan 14 2016 07:06 AM
Now he is calling me.. Hahahahha, great laugh for the day.

K W FRITH #643668 Thu Jan 14 2016 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The guys name as he left it on my answering machine last night, along with a profanity laced drunken rant, is supposedly Adam Wall?? That's the name he left anyway. Two drunken rants at 2:30 in the morning, and 19 text messages this morning. He needs to learn that I don't use my phone in the middle of the night, that I am sleeping like normal human beings!
In his defense, I can understand why he believes the 60C and 866C were display pumps, after reading some of the things Jack Sims has on his website, but it still does not make them display pumps!

I sent him the following email this morning. QUOTE:

I can see why you want to believe that this pump could be a display pump, but Jacks literature is wrong in some aspects.
First off, I have probably owned and handled more Wayne 60 display case pumps, than anyone else in the country. I happen to have 2 60S and an 866C on hand.
While the 60C and 866C were designed with the pump in the lower half of the cabinet, it does not make them display pumps! It seems these pumps were made for companies like Atlantic that needed the full length swinging doors? There are several of these around the world ---BUT—there has NEVER been a case where an 866C or a 60C had a display case originally installed from the factory. There are many differences between a regular pump and a display case pump, and the only facet shared between the two is the lower pumpimg unit. The “C” models had none of the other attributes that a display case pump has, and there are many!
As far as Jacks installation literature, it only shows that a 60S and a 60 C were installed the same way. In no part of the installation instructions does it reference the 60S and the 60C as being display pumps.
Until there is a documented case of someone finding an original 60C or 866C with all the display case parts in it, and I don’t mean just the lower display parts, I mean “everything” associated with a true display case, I will continue to argue the point that the C models are NOT DISPLAY CASE PUMPS, and were never meant to be. They only shared the lower pumping unit and why that is, no one yet knows. I will take the time to call Jack Sims and chat with him about this issue.
The very pump you are selling is missing some of those parts, and I’m sure it came with the full length swinging doors, and not a display case installed. To call these display case pumps is wrong and I will continue to defend this principal, until someone can prove me wrong.
Also please save your drunken telephone rants for daylight hours, as I don’t use my phone at night. I’m sleeping like most other normal people!

Last edited by K W FRITH; Thu Jan 14 2016 07:58 AM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #643689 Thu Jan 14 2016 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is his responses to my questions regarding the pump:
I have some pics of the pump on the back of my pickup this summer when i got it. There are 2 pictures of it when I was test fitting the display kit as well. I also have the original low profile pump mechanism that was used in display pumps. It is currently sitting on my basement floor.

The clock face is the conversion kit sold on gas pump heaven. It looks way better than the computer face, so I switched it out. I have the old computer too if you want it.

Got Socony???

Tom
K W FRITH #643791 Thu Jan 14 2016 08:09 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, great job you all!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved