Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good job. We can only keep picking away at that junk!

Braden Splichal

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Why is it so hard for the average guy to avoid these ? Even if you don't know of the OG website all you have to do is look at a sellers past sales and see the same stuff over and over or look at the listings and see too many of the same thing. I only buy from people I know for the last several years.
Tom

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Greed blinds buyer and seller. Remember the adage (the best transaction is when both parties think there taking advantage of the other) bad business but it happens to often

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By cannonball
Why is it so hard for the average guy to avoid these ? Even if you don't know of the OG website all you have to do is look at a sellers past sales and see the same stuff over and over or look at the listings and see too many of the same thing. I only buy from people I know for the last several years.
Tom

Not necessarily always a good indicator. We bought out a bulk warehouse about 10 years ago and ended up with 83 NOS Mobil pump shields. Only two different dates. The company had eleven stations at one time. But then there wasn't the number of crooks that are out there now.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
The problem is (for the most part) you're trying to save people that don't want saved.

This is exactly the reason I've cut back on buying a lot of Standard of California and Red Crown. It's made me question some of the beautiful mint collections after getting used to how a sign ages over time. These guys prey on those collectors outside the loop or without these resources available, and if you love minty rare signs they got ya. Keeping making them known, and eventually it'll cost them more to make than what it's worth. It's sad but we're losing a lot of the older guys that hoarded it, hid it, and could spot the good stuff a mile away, and the next generation is gonna be all over Google. Knowledge is power here

Always looking for rusty old pumps and signage especially Visibles, Northwest or West Coast brands, and Standard Oil of California.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved