Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#645187 - Wed Jan 27 2016 09:05 PM Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign
Jolly-John Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Plover, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
This original Exide 12-volt Battery sign had the flange partially flattened years ago. The paint and graphics on one side are very presentable.

Somewhere along the way, the reverse side got spray painted silver and orange. I have not attempted to remove any of this paint. I can see the original graphics under this added paint, so they are there. Sold "as-is".

I guarantee this sign is an original. Measures 13-1/4" by 14". The price is $250, plus shipping. Thanks for looking. John

Attachments
aes1DSC00013.jpg

aes2DSC00015.jpg

aes4DSC00016.jpg

aes5DSC00027.jpg

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

#645192 - Wed Jan 27 2016 09:53 PM Re: Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign [Re: Jolly-John]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
IMO- priced right & too sell, worst scenario- bend the flange back & hang it in the corner.. ... cool

#645195 - Wed Jan 27 2016 10:06 PM Re: Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign [Re: Jolly-John]
63shelby Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Yorba Linda, Ca
Not my "brand" so know very little about this sign...Is it painted or porcelain ?

#645196 - Wed Jan 27 2016 10:07 PM Re: Exide 12-volt Battery Flange Sign [Re: Jolly-John]
Jolly-John Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Plover, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Hi, Randy. Thank you for the comment. You've echoed my feelings exactly (although I initially didn't want to state them in the ad). If the spray paint comes off the back...wow, did a guy get a deal for taking a bit of a gamble. If not, it is still a good-looking sign, displayed as you suggested. I appreciate you taking the time to post. John

And Pete, in answer to your question: This is a painted, heavy tin sign.

Edited by Jolly-John (Wed Jan 27 2016 10:11 PM)

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved