Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#646122 Fri Feb 05 2016 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Has anybody had any recent issues with the new globe cd failing to run on Windows 10? Mine ran fine until today and when I tried to open the program it just hung up and wouldn't open. I tried running it directly from the cd with no luck either as well as deleting the file from the computer and re copying it. Also tried running it as administrator with no luck. The older 2012 version opens and runs normally. I hate all the constant updates that 10 now makes the machine do. It has fouled up some other things after updates that I had to revert to the older versions to run. Just thought I'd ask.....GB

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Install Oracle VirtualBox and run a VM of Windows 7 or 8.
They you can use the version on there.

Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
browse the CD and just copy the PDF file to your desktop and use the PDF version

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the input. I did finally copy the pdf to the desktop and you can use that Bryce. It's just not quite as fast to use as the application is. I wonder why the 2012 version is still working and the new one won't? Guess it's not for me to know that....Thanks again guys....GB

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have always had to wait and wait for it to open on my Windows 8. After Ive updated to 10 its even worse.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have an inquiry into the company that created the software for the new Gas Globe CD about Windows 10. We'll see what they say. Only heard from two or three people about this. Scott B.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I use Adobe Flash player 11 and Windows 10 and have had no trouble. Knock on wood.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Mine worked fine at first until this last update it seems. I said that the older version was working, well it stopped yesterday too. Since Jim says his takes forever to load, I'm going to try to start it again and leave it for a while and see if it eventually opens. Funny thing too, when you try to open it the little circle is there and turning but seems to hang. If you open task manager to stop it, it says there are no programs running.....? The only way I could stop it was to restart the machine. I'll post any progress.....GB

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OK, this is weird..... Just got to the shop and thought I would try starting the program and let it run while I went for coffee and see if it eventually opened. It opened right up normally in two seconds!!!! Grrrrr!. Both versions, like nothing ever happened. Now I feel like an ***** for even bringing this up. I must have gremlins in my shop that are messing with me. I know I'm getting old but this is enough to drive anyone nuts. Thanks for all the help. Lesson here is if it don't work just leave it and when you come back in a few days it will work......I guess.....GB

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved