Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JeffS Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I purchased this from Paul Bell earlier in the year, but must let it go to replace funds used on a classic car that I acquired. The paint on this pump is amazing and flawless. Certainly a work of art... Here is Paul's description of the work completed:

Professional restoration!! The pump is a Martin & Schwartz Model 80. Here’s the list of features:

- All sheet metal and frame sand blasted down to bare metal. Metal sealed with etching epoxy primer.

- Dents removed and surface prepared with multiple coats of catalyzed primer. Primer sanded with increasingly finer grits. Primer sealed.

- Automotive grade color coat / clear coat paint applied. Polly flourescent green and mirror-like black paint!

- Racing stripe graphics are painted, not decals, in multiple colors, buried in multiple layers of clear coat. And yes, it took a lot of measurements and time to get everything to line up just right!

- Clear coat is sanded flat and buffed to a high shine. Angled shots included so you can see the bodywork / paint quality

- The globe body is aluminum, also polished to a high shine.

- The meter is a restored original, not a reproduction. I did not use stickers on the meter numbers. The porcelain faceplate is a reproduction.

- The inside of the pump is also painted.

- All new wiring, including a ground wire (three wire, not two). Dimmer switch added, accessible from the little side door. Easy access ON/OFF switch at the top of the pump.

- New rubber seals on doors, windows, and new hose.

The price is $3750 firm, and that INCLUDES SHIPPING anywhere in the continental US, as long as your location is tractor-trailer accessible. If you wish to pick-up the pump, I will knock $500 off the price.

All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Jeff,
Can I have your permission to use the top picture in my next Gas Pump ID book? It is much better than the picture I am have in the book.

Thanking you in advance,

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
JeffS Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
Jeff,
Can I have your permission to use the top picture in my next Gas Pump ID book? It is much better than the picture I am have in the book.

Thanking you in advance,

Jack Sim

Of course Jack! I think Paul would be honored to have his work in your new book.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Thank you, it is in the book. I acknowledged both Paul and you as contributors.

Thanks again,

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
JeffS Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I can deliver this to Hershey if someone decided to purchase it.

JeffS Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Only price drop - $3650 includes shipping in the lower 48 or $3150 local pick-up.

JeffS Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
btt

JeffS Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
btt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard