Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
gizmo Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I haven't opened it up but I could see some piping inside...and I weighs a ton...I don't think there is any chance it is a repo, it was spruced up some to go into a restaurant and sat there for years pretty much untouched...just sat as a display...but what do I know. Really surprised that this is so rare considering where it was.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
P
That’s the real deal… I’d like to add that “gas tank” to my collection.

G
gizmo Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well I cracked it open, appears to have been orange at one point in its life. I have added some pictures, is anything out of place or is this how a collectable generally looks inside. Closer look and one glass that covers a face has a small crack...probably due to the newer metal screws being screwed too tight, as well the side gas level thingy glass is cracked which is a downer as it doesn't look like an easy replacement, any further observations or comments very welcomed and appreciated.

Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
put it back together and faux it in gulf colors.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Repainting the doors orange and doing Gulf would be nice but sense it is a Canadian pump it would be cool to do it in a Canadian brand. Here is a company that does some Canadian stuff as well as U.S. stuff. http://www.pogogas.com/index.html . You could do the doors white and do it in North Star for example.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By MATT ALVAREZ
Repainting the doors orange and doing Gulf would be nice but since it is a Canadian pump it would be cool to do it in a Canadian brand.

...I agree...I'm not aware of Gulf marketing in Canada during the time this pump would have been in use...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mark I believe you're right. Gulf had quietly bought BA shares and then amalgamated 4 companies to form Gulf Canada in the late 60s. However Supertest was a player in Canada (but not in BC I believe)and used Orange. That clock face looks phenomenal for an almost 100 year old item.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What an odd textured paint job--was the globe custom made for the restaurant? Or perhaps a lighting fixture converted to fit on top?

G
gizmo Offline OP
OP Offline
G
The paint is a bit odd, the gold has cracking throughout it to give it some fancy scmancy look, I'm guessing the restaurant colours. The top is only plastic with the restaurant saying scripted in vinyl. I tried peeling of one of the stickers on the pump and the paint just peeled off under it...guessing that sticker has been on a long time and the paint not properly prepped.

G
gizmo Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By K W FRITH
If you do decide to sell it, please post it here on Old Gas, where you got your information! If you decide to keep it and become a collector, be sure to visit these pages often to see what else is available, and to learn lots more about gas pumps!

Looks like we will be not be keeping this gas tank. Based on what we now know regarding cost to properly restore...paint ect...looks nice but I can't justify the cost to get it done properly and certainly don't have the skills to take on. Any thoughts on how to advertise this on here without pricing it incorrectly? I have seen the for sale best offer category but that is for established members by the looks of it, I am not one. Plus...who would want this if they didn't live locally...the cost to ship would be over the top, besides, I wouldn't know how to pack it...all just thoughts...any input would be awesome. Hope it's okay to post this on here.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This one looks like it will make for a interesting Den decoration

see ya on the road folks !
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By gizmo
Looks like we will be not be keeping this gas tank. Based on what we now know regarding cost to properly restore...paint ect...looks nice but I can't justify the cost to get it done properly and certainly don't have the skills to take on. Any thoughts on how to advertise this on here without pricing it incorrectly? I have seen the for sale best offer category but that is for established members by the looks of it, I am not one. Plus...who would want this if they didn't live locally...the cost to ship would be over the top, besides, I wouldn't know how to pack it...all just thoughts...any input would be awesome. Hope it's okay to post this on here.

You might have better luck selling it if you list it as a gas pump and not a gas tank.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
I think I would leave it the way it is and enjoy it until you are sure you want to sell Bill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
List it on here for sale in the For Sale category. Shipping may be a lot cheaper than you think if shipped properly. You may not have to pack it at all the shipper may pick it up as is. I am sure you will have a plenty of people wanting it. You would be surprised. Good luck with your GAS PUMP.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved