Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64629 Wed Jun 16 2004 07:40 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Anybody know about this? Any petroliana in the collection?

Tacoma, Washington’s Harold E. LeMay Collection is considered the largest private vehicle collection in the world. Once a year on the last Saturday in August, they have an open house with more than 1,000 vintage vehicles on display and approximately 30,000 pieces of memorabilia.
Gray Line of Seattle is offering tours to the Open House: http://graylineseattle.com/getaways.cfm/mode/detail/product_id/1086

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#64630 Wed Jun 16 2004 08:13 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Jim...Thanks for the link.
Harold LeMay is a legend here in the PNW. He(his family) have the largest private automobile collection in the world. Not bad for a man who's business was collecting garbage. My one and only contact with Mr. LeMay was just a couple of weeks before his death. It was at the estate sale of a prominent Dentist who had passed. Mr. LeMay was there helping load a Vintage Seattle Fire Truck from the Dr's Collection, onto a Trailer. This man was a Multi-Gazzilionair.. yet worked right along side his crew...and if you did not know who he was, you would have guessed, by the looks of him, that he was hired from "Labor Ready".
Two weeks later, I read his obituary.
A huge museum is being planned in Tacoma to house his collection...
Mr. LeMay is a Legend and has left a Great Legacy for all who love this hobby to enjoy for Generations to come.

------------------
Frank

Frank
#64631 Wed Jun 16 2004 10:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Jim..Yes his collectionis outstanding..never saw it in person but I guess you can call him "My Uncle inlaw" (My Wifes Dads Brother) volunteers doing work on cars and moving stuff for the LeMay collection. he actually brought some of my gas pump sheetmetal down there and had it sand blasted when they were doing other sandblasting. NICE.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#64632 Sat Jul 10 2004 06:23 AM
D
D
Regarding the LeMay tour if you are in the area it is a must you will not believe all this man has acquired over the years. After he died his wife is still buying things for the collection she bought a Tucker car not to long ago. You will see everthing from gas pumps to tanker trucks to sewing machine collections at the two different sites on that Sat.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved