Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Hi folks - I'm a new user. I'm a scaled model artist (typically 1:18 through 1:12 scale) and I'm making a 1930s Esso garage diorama with a vintage Gilbert & Barker visible fuel pump. I'm going to be 3D printing many of the parts and I need some information so the set is authentic. I'm eyeballing the 176 pump and have quite a few original brochures that give me a lot of information.

Firstly, I'm having difficulty identifying which nozzle was original to this pump. I'm finding what appears to be an old Knappco from Vic's 66:

This one is very closely resembling a Knappco K-721: [img:center]http://files.snackwebsites.net.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/dciy9icw/photos/hiwxa2ah-980x2000[/img]

Then there's this one which appears to be either a Buckeye or Gilbarco:

While I'd really like to get my hands on true dimensions of the 176 pump itself let's start with the nozzle. Thank you in advance for any help.

Calvin
Simsbury, Connecticut USA
1956 Ford F-500 "Ethel"
1954 Farmall Cub "Betty"
Murphy's Law: For every extra nut is a bolt it won't fit on.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
OP Offline
C
I may have just answered my own question. Does the image at the top of this page appear accurate? The T-189...

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/g-b%20nozzles.htm

If the T-189 is correct, it seems some of the pumps in the pictures above include incorrect nozzles. There appears to be a hanger hook on the bottom of the nozzle on the T-189 where as non of the nozzles in the above pictures have it.

Last edited by Calvin; Wed Feb 10 2016 08:46 AM.

Calvin
Simsbury, Connecticut USA
1956 Ford F-500 "Ethel"
1954 Farmall Cub "Betty"
Murphy's Law: For every extra nut is a bolt it won't fit on.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is a Buckeye nozzle. According to Jack Sims literature, Gilbarco had a nozzle that looked like this and was branded Gilbarco. In the real world, the buyers of these pumps used whatever they had available that would fit. Many jobber companies made all kinds of different nozzles that replaced original equipment. Many jobber nozzles were also supplied as original equipment with different brands of pumps.

IMG_3376.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved