Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#646742 Fri Feb 12 2016 01:17 AM
Kevo335 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I found this sign on Ebay. I love this sign because i do Revolutionary War reenacting so this sign would be perfect for my collection.

I know its quite a desirable sign. and let me start with, i have been listening: buying quality is the way to go! (and i have by the way, i'll post photos of my quality new finds soon). ANYWAY, i feel this is a rare enough sign. The quality seems good, but not great on this sign. The seller is asking $1100.

Also, its listed as 25.5 inches. I did some research and it seems they were all 30". additionally, the 25 inch version i found were different.

so in summary:
1. Is this a rare enough sign, that at this price, it would be worth it? perhaps offer less?
2. Is it real/correct size?

Thanks all.

rsz_s-l1600.jpg

Always looking for Texaco signs, cans, and any other old Texaco treasures!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Kevo335 #647244 Tue Feb 16 2016 07:47 PM
Kevo335 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Also, is that rust on it, or just dirt? Will it clean up? i've never cleaned a sign before.

Always looking for Texaco signs, cans, and any other old Texaco treasures!
Kevo335 #647255 Tue Feb 16 2016 09:14 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
If you look at close ups of the surface the sign has apparent fracturing. It's a rare (6 out of 10) sign but not scarce. Fine examples bring good money but this one isn't worth paying for restoration in my opinion. Price is a bit high too for the damage. I'd estimate at best about $800 as a reasonable price looking for specific subject matter signs. Save your money and you'll find one better than that that shows off the color of the minuteman better for a few hundred more.

Someone on Oldgas may have one more suitable even, put a post in the wanted section and you might find one that really would be worth paying a bit more for.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved