Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64745 Wed Oct 08 2003 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Who is going to the Chicagolands Petroleum and Advertising Show in Peotone,IL on the 26th?
I won't be setting up, but I'll be there as a buyer.
Hope to see you there!
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, You know me a David are going for sure. I am buying something there... don't know what but buying something. Come on Rex, Bob said your not sure if you are going yet? I made reservations at the comfort inn Mon. See you Guys there!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Bob, I plan on going.

How big is the show usually?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ethan,
Pretty sure there are usually around 90 indoor vendors. There are quite a few outdoor vendors too.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, I the Peotone show on of the shows where they don't let repo vendors in? The spring show i don't remeber seeing any and was just wondering. I need a few things to finish a pump and thought it would be nice to save on shipping.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
John,
They allow reproductions. Vendors are supposed to have their repro signs and globes marked. There was a vendor selling repro globes and signs in March. The restoration parts suppliers have stayed away from the show for some reason. I guess maybe we should ask the parts dealers why they don't set up there. Its not a big show, but its a good show.

Any of you oldgas members from Wisconsin or Michigan planning on attending?

Bob "Lastgas15" talked me into coming to Peotone. I'm dropping everything. I'll be there, but no pants-swappin' or cow shoppin' for me. Got to get my camera batteries charged up. Bob is going to show me downtown Kankakee.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Jim you boys over on the right see if you can find the back half of the cow for Elvis. He says when he kisses her, he misses the tail swishing. ha ha ha . turkeyman, sheepman, on a cowman, ha ha ha . lots of fun on the left.

I'll look around Dwaine. But seems like I see more horse's rear ends than cow's. I think AquaElvis should name his cow Priscilla after the original King's girl.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thats a good one Jim, I just hope he don't start calling her name out at night. or he'll be looking for land in Washington sooner then he thought. but she is kinda cute.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm getting excited about the show. I bought some great globes at the March show. I won't be there during set up so the "deals" will be gone, but I expect to find something that I "gotta have". There's usually an abundance of pumps at Peotone. Can't wait to see some of my oldgas buddies too. Rex, John, David, and Jim will make the trip. Anyone else? If so let me know ahead of time. Especially if you're coming in on Saturday.
Bob

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Looks like the weather will be clear for the show. The rain has already passed through. It might be a little cool tomorrow though. Maybe the outdoor vendors will be "motivated" to sell.

John and David, don't take too long delivering that pump. Rex, Jim and I might eat all the food before you get here. LOL. Looking forward to seeing all the "oldgasers" tonight, and at the show tomorrow.

Anyone else making the trip? If not, you're missing a good show!
Bob

N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Well sorry to say I won't be there. New washing machine, dog knee surgery, and ski club for the kid this month have wiped all my chances. CHA-CHING! I'll be waiting to see the pics.

Later,Bill

------------------
64 Chevy Pick up,65 Sportvan custom, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. Bill

52 Ford F1 Pick up, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com and MYCARS

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved