Next Thread
Print Thread
#647724 Sun Feb 21 2016 06:24 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Has anyone ever duplicated, and made available for sale the instruction decals from inside the doors on the Bowser 585, and the patient numbers from inside the door on a Bennett 766?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
fleetcmat #647875 Mon Feb 22 2016 11:20 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
What you are asking about has not been a big thing in this hobby, most of the restorers of gas pumps from the 1920s to the late 1930s (depending on the pump they were restoring) wanted to make sure their pump was as close to original as possible. Forget about the 1940s, basically there were no pumps made during that period. Your pumps are from the 1950s. Most of us will say your pump is a common pump, meaning there are still many of them still around, so not a lot of detail is used in the restoration of these pumps.

Since you are aware that there were such decals on these pumps, I suggest you take pictures of what you have, send these to T-way and see if he can replicate the original. If he can, have several made and offer they out to others like yourself who are restoring these pumps. Hopefully you sell enough to cover your original cost. Please put me down for a set for my 585 that I will begin restoring shortly.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Feb 22 2016 11:22 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
fleetcmat #648163 Thu Feb 25 2016 04:04 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Thanks for the input Jack. Much appreciated. The labels that I have seen on my pumps have not been in any shape to photograph. When and if I do find a good surviving specimen I will get as many photos as possible.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved