Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#648405 - Sun Feb 28 2016 07:12 AM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
redindianguy Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
This is a great site with people dedicated to limiting fakes and the effect they have on our hobby . Its happened in everything from old cars to stamps to sports cards but they all survived with great communities putting down the money grabbing scammers . This is some of the best people out there helping each other . Thanks especially to Jim Potts and Jack Sim .

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#648452 - Sun Feb 28 2016 03:32 PM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
John,
I apologize, read the word wrong, this is what happens when I answer posts at 1 am in the morning.

I have been in this hobby for almost 30 years now and was a petro vendor for most of them, but even with all my knowledge I still got burned recently. Went to a indoor auction, very little petro, bid on three oil bottles, one was tall Iso-Vis. Shouldn't have bid on them as they were outside my knowledge, all three turned out to be repros. Could easily sell them, but that's not the way I do things, they sit where I can see them everyday reminding me of the word I preach "KNOWLEDGE" "KNOWLEDGE" kNOWLEDGE." As most guys will tell you, we all learn the hard way.

Jack Sim

Edited by Jack Sim (Sun Feb 28 2016 03:34 PM)

#648530 - Mon Feb 29 2016 12:08 PM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: puregas]
zgusto Offline

Loc: IL and WI
Originally Posted By puregas
John, welcome to Oldgas. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Some on here might make you feel like a dummy because you might ask a question that they feel like the answer is obvious. It takes time to become experienced with anything in life and we've all gotten burned or bought something that our gut told us we shouldn't buy. That's how we learn, usually by our mistakes. Slow down and ask questions.The vast majority of people on here are very helpful. NOW, please get that pump out of the way and show us that hemi cuda! Is that what is behind your nice pump? Pat

Thanks Pat, and good eye on my Hemicuda...have had it in my collection for over 15 years...very original car and a 4sp.

Here are my current, Mopars at least...;-)

Edited by zgusto (Mon Feb 29 2016 12:16 PM)

#649692 - Sat Mar 12 2016 06:27 AM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
redindianguy Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
nice wheels

#649701 - Sat Mar 12 2016 08:04 AM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
pickurt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Northern California
Welcome John and sweet Mopars !

#649714 - Sat Mar 12 2016 10:47 AM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
Mike M. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
Welcome to old gas!

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#650688 - Sun Mar 20 2016 04:24 PM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
BIGFOOT Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Connecticut
Nice TA. I'm sitting in my 26,000 mile 3 owner LS6 Chevelle as I read this. Just warming it up.....

#650695 - Sun Mar 20 2016 05:21 PM Re: New to forum and disgusted by # of FAKES in hobby [Re: zgusto]
Cold Pizza Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Illinois
Love to see that car Bigfoot..Pictures?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved