Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is a great site with people dedicated to limiting fakes and the effect they have on our hobby . Its happened in everything from old cars to stamps to sports cards but they all survived with great communities putting down the money grabbing scammers . This is some of the best people out there helping each other . Thanks especially to Jim Potts and Jack Sim .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
John,
I apologize, read the word wrong, this is what happens when I answer posts at 1 am in the morning.

I have been in this hobby for almost 30 years now and was a petro vendor for most of them, but even with all my knowledge I still got burned recently. Went to a indoor auction, very little petro, bid on three oil bottles, one was tall Iso-Vis. Shouldn't have bid on them as they were outside my knowledge, all three turned out to be repros. Could easily sell them, but that's not the way I do things, they sit where I can see them everyday reminding me of the word I preach "KNOWLEDGE" "KNOWLEDGE" kNOWLEDGE." As most guys will tell you, we all learn the hard way.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sun Feb 28 2016 02:34 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Z
zgusto Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Originally Posted By puregas
John, welcome to Oldgas. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Some on here might make you feel like a dummy because you might ask a question that they feel like the answer is obvious. It takes time to become experienced with anything in life and we've all gotten burned or bought something that our gut told us we shouldn't buy. That's how we learn, usually by our mistakes. Slow down and ask questions.The vast majority of people on here are very helpful. NOW, please get that pump out of the way and show us that hemi cuda! Is that what is behind your nice pump? Pat

Thanks Pat, and good eye on my Hemicuda...have had it in my collection for over 15 years...very original car and a 4sp.

Here are my current, Mopars at least...;-)

Last edited by zgusto; Mon Feb 29 2016 11:16 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice wheels

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome John and sweet Mopars !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to old gas!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Nice TA. I'm sitting in my 26,000 mile 3 owner LS6 Chevelle as I read this. Just warming it up.....

RIP Kiwi
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Love to see that car Bigfoot..Pictures?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved