Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#648700 Wed Mar 02 2016 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A few years ago I found a huge cache of AC green stripe spark plugs, nos in cases. I have sold most of the part numbers that were of value to hot rodders and restoration guys but I still have several dozen boxes of them that were not real popular numbers. Still, they are brand new and in brand new boxes that look like the day they were made and I would like to find a period correct display of some kind to put some in for show. The one that Dennis just posted and sold was nice but not the right era for these newer plugs. They are all early sixties to mid seventies vintage so that later logo is what I'm looking for. I've seen a lot of cabinets for Champion and others but never really found much for AC. If you have anything that might work, let me know. Nothing like a full sized floor cabinet although a wire floor rack or similar might work. Here's a pictures of a box of the plugs I have.....GB

image.jpeg
Rabbitman #648703 Wed Mar 02 2016 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
If you want it to be period correct for those,the mid 1960's plugs first had 4 uniform thin green stripes,like the one below.
Mid/Late 1970's saw a re-design with a single fatter top green ring like on yours.

sparkplugAC.jpg
Last edited by Cold Pizza; Wed Mar 02 2016 09:26 AM.
Rabbitman #648708 Wed Mar 02 2016 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Rick, I wasn't sure how far back they were used. There may not have been a display used for them in the mid seventies, I don't know. Figured somebody here would have something to go on anyway.....

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved