Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Just wanted to let you guys know that we are having our auction February 21st at 9:30 in Guthrie at the Logan County Fairgrounds (like always). We have a had a great time putting these auctions on, but as you all know, trying to find anything is a real pain, let alone finding enough to put together a 600 piece auction. That said, we worked very hard this year to make this sale 90% petro related, in years past we have lots of soda, country store, etc. which is fine, but I wanted to do a hard-core oil & gas sale (cans, globes, smalls, etc.). So this years auction consists of about 400 oil & gas signs, 25 globes (none real common), about 50 good oil cans, 25 or so pumps (including a Roman), about 30-40 lots of oil co. smalls. I am very excited to being offering this merchandise up for auction. We had 500+ bidders last year from 22 states and over 100 on bidspotter.com....but if any of you have ever considered attending this will be your last opportunity. I cannot fathom going thru what I've done to assemble this sale again. As you all know, good stuff used to be very abundant, but now it is just extremely difficult finding quality merchandise to buy let alone quality merchandise folks are willing to let you auction off for them. So, in other words I want to go out with a bang....barring someone approaching me with a big collection, this will be our last sale. All of you that received our catalog in the mail will also be receiving an auction brochure. If you need additional info, call 405.282.5586

Thanks, Seth

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hey Seth, I can appreciate what you are saying about putting together this kind of Auction with that many items. It is a big job putting together an event like that. We have had our Auction now for 9 years, and yes, it is hard to find the good good stuff anymore. Hate to hear this will be the last one, but I am quite sure everyone will understand. It takes a lot of hard work to do an Auction like that. Just had to let you know, been there and done that. Thanks for the years. Dave Parr

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
SETH,, GIVE US AN UPDATE ON THE AUCTION,, ONLINE BIDDING AND ALL THE OTHER DETAILS.

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
The brochures have gone out, if you don't receive our regular mailings (catalogs, special, etc..) you won't get one of these. You can call 405.282.5586 to get one. It will also be webcast @ www.bidspotter.com.

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Seth, I Got my brochure today. Great Stuff!! Sure wish I could be there.. but I will check in on line. Thanks..
Your auction will be missed.

------------------
Frank

Frank
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
As a long time gas pump guy....I need to say that I have been out to Vic's auction many times and they do a good job. The whole Vic's 66 family gets involved as does Ball Auction Service. You won't find a greater bunch of friendly folks anywhere. I hate to hear that this will be Seth's last auction, as I certainly will miss my mid winter trip from Maryland to Oklahoma, but do understand his position. If you have never had the experience of Vic's Auction....I would strongly suggest that you take this "LAST" opportunity to go and enjoy yourself. I have always done well as a buyer there. It is one of the places I buy at for the other shows we do throughout the rest of the year. Don't let it slip by you. You'll be sorry.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I posted a note earlier but see that it never made it to print. Basically what I said was that, if you can make Vic's 66 auction on Feb. 21, you should. As a buyer, I do very well there and am able to stock up on items to resell at other shows we do throughout the year. They do a good job and all the folks out there are a Hoot to meet. If you are unable to attend, I'm affraid you'll miss a class act.....since it's the last.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just looked thru items in your upcoming auction Seth and should be fun for everyone that can get there...Unfortunately i can't...One note on your Red Indian globe in the auction. I'm not sure of the lense on the backside but the display lense looks to be a reproduction. Maybe you have noted that in your catalogue as i don't have one but thought i would let you know if overlooked...

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Though my knowledge of globes isn't the best, rest assured the Red Indian globe is in fact authentic. We offer no reproduction items in our sale. The globe is a consignment that is in my possession and originates with one of the oldest and well-reputed collectors in the country.

Seth

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not disputing any collectors reputation here but i do know red indian globes. If there is 5 points starting at the bottom of the headress to the next farthest protruding point it is reproduction as should only be 4 to be original.If you would like confirmation Seth ask for Scott Benjamin's opinion.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved