Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

Still no body worrying about the globe bodies this stuff goes on ??????????????

All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure... That is a whole nother topic. LOL

It's always the same horse we beat to death.... Ha ha

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By blacktee

Still no body worrying about the globe bodies this stuff goes on ??????????????

There are far more original lenses than there are original bodies to put them on. Some of us do prefer original though. If you count the Liberty globe that I bought from Aaron at Peotone, I only have 3 globes (out of 195+) with repro bodies. Those will be replaced with original bodies as I get them.

I'm with Jarvis. I don't understand why a globe collector would have repros. That's decorating, not collecting.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I have had globes and have purchased repros from Mike and they are in the garage as Deco pieces. Have put the repros on pumps we have done, and yet originals are kept in a box. Just want to enjoy the repro ones I like, use them on pumps and display without having the chance of breakage or other.

Craig
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
As far as understand why I would want a real Liberty Blue and a reproduction and that comes down to how I like that particular globe and also that I want a complete set for a twin pump. I also promised to do this for some friends that committed to the project. Yes if I get a Liberty Blue I could get an original Liberty Gasoline (white background) too, but I don't like that globe enough to buy an original. I am a little quirky and impulsive on things in the hobby. Pump is going in the garage and I wouldn't want to put the original out there where it might get broken or dirty. I have original globes all over the house that I like in particular for different reasons that won't go on a pump outside or in the garage. So would I like to have an original in my house in the kitchen or my office and have the set on my twin pump in the garage. You bet. And several friends would like to have them too.

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I am a pump collector first and collecting globes to put on many of them is just part of it. This hobby is a slippery slope where you start with pumps and don't care about globes. Then you like globes and start getting them, then you get some pump plates, then some oil cans. Never ends

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

I'm talking about marking reproduction bodies...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By SKomatinsky
..... This hobby is a slippery slope where you start with pumps and don't care about globes. Then you like globes and start getting them, then you get some pump plates, then some oil cans. Never ends

On this much we agree. smile

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Bump

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S