Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#65076 Fri Aug 27 2004 08:20 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I will load some pictures tomorrow but things were flying off the trucks and into other trucks before the hid the ground today. The find of the show is 5 Grizzly 48inch signs. I think the two guys said something about paying $20 a piece... HOLY COW! To find one grizzly sign is something but five in the same spot WHOA. Some great stuff is showing up especially for a first show.
Conoco Truck Signs $150 each sold
Grizzly Signs $1500 each
Sky Ranger Tombstone $3000
Double Visible $???
Mobil Keyhole $650 Sold
Hayes Clockface $650 sold
Nourse Cans $65 each all three colors Sold
Johnson Oil $650
Powerlube EZ pour $???

------------------
Scott
www.frontrangegas.com

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Sounds great guys, go get 'em!!! Wish I was there. Is Dwaine behaving himself? LOL!!!!

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
right on scott. sounds like a super show. can't wait to see photos. cheese www.bcheese.com

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I just returned from the front Rangs Gas Bash...and it was a great time. It was nice to have to only drive 80 miles instead of 800. I met Dwaine Buck & got my name down for a couple of lenses. I met Scot for the first time & met some old friends from Iowa gas. Lots of good stuff & great people..I picked up a few quarts.Congratulations Scot & to all who helped...Ron

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Just got back from Front Range Gas Bash and I think it was great for a first year show. Met Dwaine and I told him I would get registered for oldgas when I got home so here I am. I've been coming to the site for years but have never registered. The show was a lot of fun and there were some great items for sale and some good deals if you timed it right. I usually timed it so that someone else was walking off with the deal but I did get some too. Had a great time meeting old friends and making new ones. Scott did a great job with the show and I hope he does it again next year.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Rarin' to go, I,m Larry, st.rod, here on the old gas network. I was there and wish I could put a face with your name. I was one of the faces in the old gas family picture taken at the show. I had a few pumps inside and a nice 60 I bought today with a showcase kit, clockface kit and more! Anyway WELCOME ABOARD to OLD GAS!!

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Thanks for the kind words, yes there will be another show. There were 48 vendors, I figured there would be some drop outs with the rain the day before.

What fun that show was. I never knew it would be so hard or that fun. Tommorrow after some sleep I will find the camera and do a report and tell the stories (like why I am so tired). What a show it was great to faces to the names and swap rust with everyone. Check back tommorow for some pictures.

------------------
Scott
www.frontrangegas.com

Scott
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
We has a great showing of old gasers, lets see if I can get them all right. From right to left scootdog (scott wright) Dwaine, st rod (larry) vintage gas (dave), Bill Thorton, Glenn Nelson (midwest oil), ducecpe (rick esgar), new member Rarin to Go (chris), pumps and signs (Heath), Dennis Mainard, Doc and minute man? (Les Towner). I hope I got that right. Ok here are some photos. I will get the photos of the mob scenes at setup from Dave hill later.

[This message has been edited by scootdog (edited 08-29-2004).]

Scott
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S

Scott
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S

some great cans!

Globes Too!

Scott
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Some Signs:

This keyhole did not hit the ground before Dave Hill Sr snatched it up for $650 I think.

[This message has been edited by scootdog (edited 08-29-2004).]

Scott
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S

It was really fun for all.

------------------
Scott
www.frontrangegas.com

Scott
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
look like it was a great show, way to go scott.& co. cheese

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Congrats Scott to you for stepping up and doing this show. I was unable to attend but hopefully in the future I can. Thanks for taking and posting the pictures and it looks like some good stuff turned up.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like a blast...wish I was there...Thanks for the peek and the hard work Scott...too cool

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
anyone get a piture of the double visible was it canadian

ward

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ward if you lookat the post of Iowa Gas Images dated 8/6/04. The first picture you see is the pump you are asking about. Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
hi all had a great time at the bash, met some old gas members. duwaine buck, strod larry, vintage gas dave, and some others ide already known, all good people. thanks to scott for puttin on a heck of a show. I bought a parts 60, and a good 36b top. here are some pics. the van load of 60's belongs to vintage gas, he also has the double visable in there. enjoy the pic. brandon
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d608b3127cceb53aa4728a0f0000001610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d608b3127cceb53aa791ca750000001610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d608b3127cceb53aa733cad70000001610[/img]

[This message has been edited by besgar (edited 08-29-2004).]

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Got back from the Front Range Bash today had a great time meeting the oldgasers,buying selling and trading. Posted some buys in BOTW. GREAT JOB SCOTT !!

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Ok so here is a funny story for you all: I arranged for the Sherif to be at the bash and watch for anything Friday night. After setup on Friday I went home at 10:00pm and slept till 1am. I was tossing a turning nervous about all the merchidise at the bash. So I kissed the wife and packed up a pillow and blanket and headed to the fairgrounds. After a quick stop as Walmart for the last minute supplies I tucked my self in in the back of my durango. I was up a few times as I hear cars go by but at about 5am I heard a truck pull in. I had said I would not be there till 6:30 for setup so I knew there must be something going on. I jumped into the front seat of my car and peeled out toward the truck. I had my cell phone in one hand and a big flashlight in the other I pulled up to the truck expecting to bust someone trying to steal and instead it was just another vendor who wanted to make sure he was setup before the other vendors so he could scout for deals before the gate opened. How silly of me to drive down to the bash at 1 am... Next year I will just sleep down there!

Scott

Scott
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
This Truck-Sleeper got a great Buffalo Oil quart (like Pogo,s lenses) and a nice Texaco map rack for real cheap, last time he stayed in the in the Chevy 20 suite at the swap meet!!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Sounds like the Bash was a "Home Run"! Great job and I'm glad everyone had a great time. Thanks for the pics. Some Killer stuff showed up. Nice job!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got a phone call Sat. a.m. from Dwaine Buck. He was at the bash and had found some great cans so he described them and I told him what I wanted. What a friend. So the Penneze in one of the pictures is coming home to me. Sounds like a great bash. Good job. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Wow: What a great first Gas Bash.. It was my first and you always remember your first everything, Good or Bad and this was GOOD!!! Thanks Scott for all your efforts and time. My son Brandon (besgar on old gas he is the one standing on the front line of the oldgas picture with the overalls on.) and I learned a lot on what to bring and how much not to bring next year..LOTA work unloading and loading a 28'enclosed trailer with 20 buyers trying get a deal at the same time.. Fun was had by all!..
See you there next year.
Ducecpe

[This message has been edited by DuceCpe (edited 08-30-2004).]

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Just got back from the bank and the event broke even! I was counting on loosing a bit the first year but with 53 vendors that showed up it was great.

A big THANK YOU to all who passed out flyers, drove hundreds of miles or helped in any way. We could not have done it with out you all. Thanks a bunch.

Everyone that I spoke to wanted to do the show again next year so we will make sure do it. We have a date August 27 2005 same place. We will figure out the details as we get closer but some of the suggestions are going to happen for sure. A vendor barbeque the night before, whole day of vendor setup and early buyers. Also we will make sure and have a breakfast vendor (sorry guys).

Make you plans now for a Colorado vacation. Fishing, camping and all sorts of fun stuff is literally minutes away from the bash. See you next year.

------------------
Scott
www.frontrangegas.com

Scott
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Great show Scott, had a great time, met alot of nice people there. Will defiently be there next year. Thanks again

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Scott wish I could have been there, it looks like you had a great event. Do you know what the Standard Diesel Fuel globe went for thanks Richard

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Just got home about 15;15 today = Monday. we drove 2,563 miles. It was worth it. Every guy in that picture I liked plus everyone i met that wasn't. I drove all the way back there for three reasons, To meet guys I have talked to on the phone or emails, to show off Vintage-logos globe lens that we are very proud of , and mostly to help anyway i could in starting a great show in this area. and let me tell you it was a great one, Scott you should be proud of what you did and the guys that helped you. I asked scott that maybe next year a two and a half dayer, it takes a lot so i alos suggested that all the guys in that area chip in and help and they all said they would, I guess I started something back there i shouldn't have . yes Me the fat guy from the west. I started buying 36- b tops. I bough 6, a nice starter stack . I talked about how another guy was buying them up but not painting them , i said I would Put the ad glass in them and paint so i got them for about 25.00 each , great bunch of guys. I'll post a picture soon. thanks for making big helga feel at home also. I also promoted OLDGAS.COM , along with the new association called, the PCA. Thanks Colorado guys.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.

www.vintage-logos.com

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Scott, you know you've opened the proverbial can of worms don't you!?!?! Fred & I found that out!! You should come out to Santa Rosa to advertise your bash for next year. (Nobody listens to Dwaine LOL!!) Looks like you did a great job!!!!! I think I'm gonna have to get on the stick for vacation time next year. Congrats on your first (but not last!)

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
scott: obviously a great job on a virgin adventure. hats off to you! gary

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks for not bashing me in the head with that flashlight Scott!!!
chris

V
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
V
just got back from the bash and what can I say it was a great show lots of great stuff showed up and I got to meet a bunch of great guys. I almost rented a trailer just to be able to bring home more goodies. I will try to post pics of everything when I get it all unloaded tommorow

dave

V
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
V
hey guys, pics of my buys at the bash are in the pump of the month section looking forward to next years

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved