Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
I think everyone needs to take a look at all the "new" stuff good ol Rusty has on Ebay right now. There are a bunch of new gas/oil related fake signs that are fresh to market. The new stuff is getting tough to keep up with. Every week a new one pops up!

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All good points and I hate to see the seller profit from uninformed consumers. I tend to agree with Bob's perspective, it's a game of Whack-A-Mole.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
You're trying to save buyers that don't want saved...eBay doesn't care either.

Helping members here is great .... outside of that you're wasting your time, might as well go outside and yell at the wind.

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Totally agree.

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Ebay doesnt care and neither does this con man. Wont answer any questions or comments about his POS signs hes trying to sell.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Because of guys like this passing junk off as originals is one of the main reasons I don't collect signs. When I browsed his site, his stuff looks legit so I can see how he profits from those not properly schooled in detecting original signage. I'll assume those that are buying this stuff don't have the time to do all the studying needed to keep up with what is real and what is fake. It's that or they just have too much money and they don't care. It is sad because it keeps me out of the sign buying market. What I'm worried about is when will these knock off artists start turning out unmarked gas globes. Greed will eventually make it happen as globe prices continue to move up in price. It is just a matter of time. I pray I'm 6' under before it happens.

Greg
On the lookout for Marland Oil / Conoco Globes
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
just an FYI there has been unmarked gas globes around for years also . if your afraid of unmarked signs , IMO the unmarked globes are almost harder to spot sometimes .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have read all these comments and don't have a right answer. No one does. But the worst thing we can do is do nothing and ignore it. The best thing we can do is spread the word. Also let him know we are on to him. If you known someone that has bought one of these they should try and return it, get PayPal involved, etc. The more damage we cause the tougher time they will have. Remember, legally you can say whatever you want as long as it is true. You could buy a sign and advertise it as phony to the world, repost it on eBay, let everyone know where you bought it, etc. You could take photos of all these signs, post them on eBay as all phony and not even mention his name, but let the world see it before eBay pulls it...That's what I would do...A lot could happen. Just some ideas...Scott B.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved