Next Thread
Print Thread
#651336 Sat Mar 26 2016 10:39 AM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I'm trying to make some plans for this year's Iowa Gas. With the auction now on Wednesday, and the revised swap vending schedule (a little on Wednesday night, all day Thursday, and supposedly all day Friday)....I'm looking for some opinions about just how much of a vending day Friday might turn out to be.

I'm thinking that the inside and outside vending might really start to decline by around noon on Friday, with very light foot traffic and many vendors packing up at that point. What do you feel Friday will be like?

I'm NOT complaining about the new schedule in any way. Rather, I'm just looking for some input that will guide my travel plans and hotel reservations. Thanks much. John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is a long way for me to Iowa. We will probably roll into town Wednesday afternoon. Probably do some shopping, set up some stuff for the room to room then set up outside Thursday morning. I would think we will play it by ear but I don't see driving that far and then leaving Friday morning. We are normally some of the last ones out in the parking lot the last afternoon with the Hopps.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
John-- I would bet that Friday will be an all day event. We still have Saturday and sunday for travsling home and I don't think anyone will be in a rush to travel part way home on Friday? In fact, there might be some of the opposite, where people are looking for a long route home, where they might explore some new areas or shops, after leaving?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I will venture a guess that many people will pack up around lunch on Friday. Especially if we have the usual hot sunny August days smile. Looking forward to the new schedule!

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Agree,I see Sat.& Sun. now as travel days.....YEEHAW!

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Thinking I'm going for the first time this year!!! Any help as to whats the best day to get there? And any tips once I'm there?! I'm coming from the carlisle area so trying to make the most out of my trip!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved