Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
Hi there
I found this forum when I was researching restoring a Boyle Dayton dispenser, Cut #87b, Serial #1854. I want to restore this to the period and am looking for advice and knowledge about replacement parts and color schemes. It's a gift for my dad who is an "old oil man". We currently own Chevron stations in California. If I could incorporate the Standard brand that would be a plus. Above all, I want to restore it properly to the correct period.
I am having trouble posting a few pictures.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Julie, welcome to Oldgas.... Hopefully the info I am including here is correct; and by chance if I am wrong, I apologize....

If I am reading Jack Sim's 2nd Edition "Gas Pump Bible" correctly? The Boyle -Dayton Cut 87 was produced in 1926 in either Electric or as a Hand Operated 10 gallon visible.

Scott and Wayne's; PCM's Guide to Gas Pump Restoration( Second Edition): Shows that Standard Oil of California Red Crown Gasoline colors on their visible pumps to be a "blue, white and red" color combo. (from top to bottom of pump).. They show no globe and no decal or pump plate on pump itself. But, do show a smallish Red Crown sign attached to the rods holding the cylinder to pump...

As too parts? I'm not a "Pump Guy" so, Members like Tom Buckles, Ryan Underthun and others will have to help with the parts needed to complete your pump...

You might want to contact Scott Benjamin (scottpcm) and Wayne Henderson (carolinatraveler) (their contact information is in their Profiles; User list above) and they may send you images from their Guide on what the 1926 Standard Oil of CA pump would have looked like...

I am heading to the hospital for more tests, so maybe one of the other Members that post images can help you with posting of images?

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Julie, send any images you want posted & I'll post .. ... cool
advertologist@yahoo.com

RANDY
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have several pieces of original B/D sale literature for the 87, email me if interested.

If you like to look at pictures of gas pumps, there are over 12,000 images on my website: www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Could you please tell me what size the cylinder is on your pump.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
3 of 6 pictures posted for Julie .. ... cool

Hi

I am interested in restoring a Boyle Dayton 87b dispenser and posted it on Old Gas.com back in late March. I got distracted by work for a few months but now am back on it. Would you post these pics on the forum so I can get advice on parts etc?

My handle is Oilbaroness. J

Thanks!

Julie Van Alyea I Redwood Oil Company I 50 Professional Center Drive, Suite 100 Rohnert Park, CA 94928 I (707) 584-7000 x134

IMG_2203[1].JPG IMG_2204[1].JPG IMG_2205[1].JPG

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
6 of 6 pictures posted for Julie .. ... cool

IMG_2206[1].JPG IMG_2207[1].JPG IMG_2208[1].JPG

RANDY

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved