Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#652328 - Thu Apr 07 2016 12:12 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
strnge Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maryland U.S.A.
Test using Geekme "image resizr" app:

Attachments
image.jpeg

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#652329 - Thu Apr 07 2016 12:13 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
strnge Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maryland U.S.A.
Sweet! Used my iPhone and posted that photo in seconds!

#653345 - Mon Apr 18 2016 08:38 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
Oldgas Online   cool

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Originally Posted By st.rod
okay so I downloaded photo resizer. When I resize it do I send it to my email then go to old gas and pull off my computer? Sorry but I do not know how to go to old gas from my gallery. There is a spot where I can upload to facebook, email etc. How do I send it to old gas

Hi Larry,

Tom's directions in the first post of this topic are great.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=643449

When you save the resized image with the Photo Resizer app, it goes into your Gallery on your phone or tablet unless you choose elsewhere. No need to email or copy code.

* Login to Oldgas.com using that same device that has the resized image.
* Go to the topic where you want to put the image.
* Click on the File Manager link in the post submission form.
* Click the "Browse" button on the File Manager upload form.
* Select the image in your Gallery (usually the first one if you just resized it)
* Add text in caption box
* Click the "Add File" button
* Click the "Done Adding Files" button.
* Fill out the Subject and Post message box (no image code is needed) Preview button will not show image
* Click "Submit"
* Back on the post upload screen, it should show a number on the File Manager line for how many image files you uploaded.

Try it in the Testing Area forum to get a feel for it.
Once you get this down, it is pretty smooth to use.

Attachments
uploadtutorial1.jpg

uploadtutorial2.jpg

uploadtutorial3.jpg

uploadtutorial4.jpg

Edited by Oldgas (Mon Apr 18 2016 08:41 PM)
Edit Reason: add images

#653355 - Mon Apr 18 2016 09:17 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
st.rod Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Edgewater, Colorful Colorado
I don't get a browse button, instead it says choose file....Add File or done adding files. When I click choose file it gives me, Camera Camcorder, Sound recorder or documents. If I click add file its says we have encountered a problem.

Larry

#653359 - Mon Apr 18 2016 09:31 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: st.rod]
Oldgas Online   cool

Originally Posted By st.rod
I don't get a browse button, instead it says choose file....Add File or done adding files. When I click choose file it gives me, Camera Camcorder, Sound recorder or documents. If I click add file its says we have encountered a problem. Larry

Hi Larry,

You don't say what phone or tablet you are using. Some work differently than others.

Click on "Choose File" That is the same as "Browse"

Don't click on "Add File" button until you have selected a file to add and it shows in the line next to the button.

On my Android phone, I click on "Documents" and if the picture I want isn't right there, I click on the three bar icon on the upper left that signifies Menu. Then on the Menu, I scroll down a little and click on Gallery. There I find my resized image.

#653360 - Mon Apr 18 2016 09:34 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
st.rod Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Edgewater, Colorful Colorado
Its Adroid turbo

#653363 - Mon Apr 18 2016 09:56 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
Oldgas Online   cool

On Android,
When you get the menu after "Browse" or "Choose File" you see:
"Camera, Camcorder, Sound recorder or documents"

* Choose "Documents" if you want to find a photo image on your device that you have resized using the app.
* If you don't see what you want on the first documents screen, click on the three bar menu icon.
* Choose either Image or Gallery to navigate to your recently resized image and select it

#665979 - Sun Sep 11 2016 02:56 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
tbert1 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: IL
Jim I am using a iPhone and the resizr ap. What values do in width and height? I have tried to use this a few times from my phone and it always says my file size exceeds 150kb. I have been using 640x480. Thanks for the help.

Mike

#665996 - Sun Sep 11 2016 05:48 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
keithia Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
640 X 480 normally will do it but sometimes you have to go a tad smaller.

#666455 - Fri Sep 16 2016 10:49 AM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
Oldgas Online   cool

I increased the limit on image uploads to 200k for regular status members.

#666469 - Fri Sep 16 2016 01:33 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
richlube Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: santa barbara calif usa
that's a good deal,tnx jim

#685667 - Fri Apr 28 2017 09:25 AM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
pickurt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Northern California
Good news, thanks Jim.

#689655 - Sat Jul 01 2017 06:25 PM Re: Super easy picture resizing for phone [Re: tbuckles]
Ram67 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
I also did this with an app for my galaxy s6 and used the app photo and pic resizer. Works great. Thanks for the tip as I was having a lot of problems loading a pic the other way.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved