Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6580 Sun Nov 30 2008 05:14 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
well today was a busy day,had a customer come over with his father in law(think he will be here soon) to see my pumps and then wes and tara were here.in the meantime i was working on my veeder root.got all of the small wheels off with no damage,and also got the main frame turnin,but no cigar just yet.all in all i bet i spent over 5-6 hrs workin on that gizmo.and still not done.gotta say next time im just gonna send it out to jkyocom for a rebuild.i know im a cheapskate,but i tell ya for what he charges for a rebuild,i aint never gonna do this again.just wanted to let you know and even thought he hasent done one for me yet,i appreciate what you do joe!now more than ever!!now time to watch the bears!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#6581 Sun Nov 30 2008 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've never taken the opportunity, to use Joe.

He does take on, projects, that most of us should fear. Remember, when you were about eight years old, and ya' wanted to see what made that clock work? Remember how that spring made that funny noise as it unwound, and shot across the room?

Joe, takes on, the arcane (sp?) art of the Veeder Root Computer. He massages it, into clockface mechanisisms. (is that a word?) He makes big ones, into little ones. He passes on his knowledge, of the different frames, with us, lowly pump restorers.....

I think, Mick hit the nail on the head here..... Leave it to the experts. I know that I'm not gonna' open up one of those monsters.....

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 11-30-2008).]

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#6582 Sun Nov 30 2008 10:40 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
This was what kind of veeder root? I took apart my corroded calculating head on my Tokheim 300 and had it working perfectly in two hours. I use a camera over my desk to make it easier to put back together. That style veeder root is a piece of cake to fix.

Antique? It's new to me.
#6583 Mon Dec 01 2008 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
this is a side- top driven unit with pectons at a 4.5:1 ratio.very difficult to work on

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
#6584 Mon Dec 01 2008 05:38 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Tell em how you pulled the pump from the lake too! Mick

#6585 Tue Dec 02 2008 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This was easy.....

This was tough.....

But this was just ridiculous....

11 computers in stock right now.
Thanks Guys
Joe

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
#6586 Wed Dec 03 2008 07:59 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Aluminum corrosion is the hardest to deal with. Parts have a way of just fracturing when you least expect it.

Antique? It's new to me.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved