Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
New member here...

Been collecting gas and oil since I was a young lad (24 years old now)...my grandfather had a Texaco station, and his estate started me collecting.

Anyways, I picked up my first gas pump... it's a G&B 176 Visible...There's not much of it there... see pics...

My question is...what should I do with it?

(I'll be adding pictures as soon as I figure out how to!)

-Steven bahre, Jr., collector and dealer of antique advertising, coin operated machines, and petroliana...and a pretty good bartender, too!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
OP Offline
This is as-found. Not much left of it, but it still exists... not terrible for my FIRST pump, though...

522201615531.jpg 5222016155329.jpg 5222016155352.jpg 5222016155410.jpg
Last edited by SBahreJr; Wed Jun 22 2016 01:01 PM.

-Steven bahre, Jr., collector and dealer of antique advertising, coin operated machines, and petroliana...and a pretty good bartender, too!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What you have there is a parts pump. You can do one of three things with it.

You can part it out and try to make enough from the parts sales to help with your purchase of a complete pump----
OR
You can try to gather enough parts, reasonably, that you can put it all together and not have more into it than a complete one would have cost in the first place----
OR
you can set it in a prominent place where you will see it every day and admire your first pump purchase----

All of these options are dependent on your initial purchase price and that should guide you to the direction you need to go. Most parts pumps are better off sold for the parts and the funds reinvested. There isn't an excess of parts available for these pumps, so most of it should sell well, but again, it makes a difference what your initial investment was? Good luck!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
OP Offline
I currently have $25 into it. I was offered a repro glass cylinder, hail guard, and bonnet by another collector for $275. I would still need the base, lower access panel, jar lid, handle, price box, to car/to storage selector, and globe/ globe body to be complete...

I could buy all that repro, but if i was going to put it together, I'd want it rusty like the rest of it.

I don't see where it could even be posted out... the skins are shot on the bottom, most of the inside pipes and all are gone, the hose is rotted... About the only good thing is maybe the jar base...

Honestly, I would love to find a base and a bonnet used and rusty. I can make a hail screen and use just that in place of a cylinder. Then find a rough rusty globe body with a couple rough lenses...basically mock the pump up and keep it looking aged

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Sounds like you already have a plan. It is your pump. Keith offered great points to consider.
Joe

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved