Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I need a thermometer for a 6' x 18" Mail Pouch thermometer sign. The opening for the tube is 23" and the Fahrenheit range is from 120 degrees down to -30. I am looking for a tube that is accurate for this sign.

Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Special attention to Bryce G and Swabby, I saw your replies on this post:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=659929#Post659929

...and was hoping you might have one.

I also saw this post:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=502724

...and I called the suggested telephone numbers, but they said they did not have any. So I might be at a dead end, but if anyone has any updated info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_3561[1].JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Aug 07 2016 04:17 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I've used an ebay seller that sells a lot of replacement tubes - some are original, some may be newer. He does a good job packing in a thick cardboard protection tube. His ebay tag is mistertubeman1. Here's an example of a 22 inch tube he currently has for sale: 112079282402.
Joe

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Joe,

Thank you very much. I actually talked to him today. He mentioned that the tube I need for my sign is actually 28" even though the opening is 23". He said he sold out of them about a year ago frown

I was thinking of contacting the tube maker. I wonder if there is enough interest on here (Old Gas) to place an order for several of them, if the price is right. If I can't find one, I may make a second post to find out if there is any demand/interest on Old Gas.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Steve that sounds like a good idea. If I had a big thermometer like that, I would consider getting one as a backup. I wonder if that size would work for the 6 ft Red Crown thermometers also. I'm also curious what the cost will be for having a batch made.
Joe

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved