Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#665462 - Mon Sep 05 2016 11:09 AM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Mike M.]
Mike M. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
Originally Posted By Mike M.
Originally Posted By Steve C.
For anyone who wants to send her flowers, here is her return address that I am to ship the sign to.

Strange that their auctions say Plymouth, Indiana???

So was my notice of this invisible....LOL

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#665477 - Mon Sep 05 2016 02:27 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Jamie P Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mass
HIS NAME IS BRAD HUGHES

He buys them straight from India.

#665485 - Mon Sep 05 2016 05:05 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Done4 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan, Union Pier
I have a friend who lives in Plymouth, he's a picker so he may know him. The next time I see him I'll ask.

#665486 - Mon Sep 05 2016 05:13 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

He reminds me of "WHERE'S WALDO"

#665526 - Tue Sep 06 2016 12:04 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Speedracer]
Majestic12 Offline

Loc: In the desert BC Canada
I just found a Brad Hughes in Janesville Wis. Who seems to collect signs. Maybe this is the guy:

https://www.facebook.com/brad.hughes.507679

#665527 - Tue Sep 06 2016 12:07 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Majestic12 Offline

Loc: In the desert BC Canada
I'm glad I checked this site. I was about to buy a sign from this guy. But I noticed his signs seem to have wear in all the same places.

#665529 - Tue Sep 06 2016 12:27 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Tankar Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: MN United States
Same wear. Must be happening on the boat ride over. Lol

#665532 - Tue Sep 06 2016 01:28 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Jamie P Offline
Petro Enthusiast

#666670 - Mon Sep 19 2016 03:48 AM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Got a full refund!! No argument at all from seller. Whew!!! That was close!!

#666671 - Mon Sep 19 2016 04:58 AM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
Figures. They dont want you to rock the boat. I would think you cant leave negative feedback if your money is refunded-can you?
On another note, I would bet they peruse this site looking for new sign prospects.

Edited by JimT (Mon Sep 19 2016 05:00 AM)

#666672 - Mon Sep 19 2016 05:11 AM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

Just left negative feedback Jim. Stating that seller regularly seems fake signs. Hopefully they don't now slam me to hard!!

#666717 - Mon Sep 19 2016 04:57 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

I left this feedback this morning:
The seller regularly sells counterfeit signs as authentic. This sign was same.

I got this message today:
My listing didn't state once it was original. You left false feedback for the item. You got a full refund and I paid shipping both ways. Have a nice day!!!!

I just sent this:[i][/i]
In church on Sundays we say a little confession that goes something like this. Forgive me for what I have done, and for what I have left undone. Your listings in a way fall to the latter part of that. When you sell a fake sign that you know is fake, and you don't state it in the listing, it is stealing. This isn't difficult.
Also, remember Dr. Laura Schlessinger? Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't make it right to do.
Here is the deal. I know never to buy from you or from what seems to be your partner, Rustyrelics. But in this case my wife had just died and I wasn't on top of my game at the time. And got caught up in the sign as it is one I have always wanted. I believe, as do MANY MANY others in this hobby, that the two of you somehow work together. Why did I purchase the sign out of Indiana and yet had to ship it back to Wisconsin? You both know exactly what your doing. You are perverting the hobby and history with tons of fake signs and you know it! Just because the people are to naive to know better doesn't make what you do, right. Why don't you put in your listings that you don't know if the signs are real or not?? Also, I find it very particular that neither of you have a single sign listed right now when typically you have tons of them. All I did was tell the truth. If what I said wasn't true, I think you would have been a little more upset with me than what you expressed. Unfortunately for history and the hobby, I'm sure you'll still do just fine. Now you have a nice day, okay.

We'll see what happens grin

#666720 - Mon Sep 19 2016 05:09 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
Jamie P Offline
Petro Enthusiast

I am absolutely shocked that he only has the 1 negative feedback...from you, out of all the signs he has sold. These signs are now popping up on Craigslist for sale as original.

#666757 - Mon Sep 19 2016 09:21 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Jamie P]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
Kudos to you Steve!!

#666760 - Mon Sep 19 2016 09:28 PM Re: Did I screw up?? Fake sign?? Rustyrelics [Re: Steven C.]
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Could not have said it any better !Good follow thru.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved