Next Thread
Print Thread
#666806 Tue Sep 20 2016 06:13 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I saw some really nice road maps at Iowa Gas this year. Where can you get the see through plastic inserts to make a binder for the rare graphic maps at? My wife Sarah collects maps and we are at the point where we need a way to keep the better ones in a binder. Any ideas where these can be found? Thanks all...

Goober

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Try bags unlimited. They have different sizes and mils.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you want some generic, three ring letter paper-sized clear holders, any office supply store would have them. You want the ones that are a pocket type.

Last edited by Nicole; Tue Sep 20 2016 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Goober, if you are preserving better maps or any other paper ephemera, I recommend you utilize "archival" products that are touted as not leaching chemicals from the plastic to the paper. I'll try to find their contact info.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks for the info folks! You are correct Metro, I use to collect comic books and the acidity level in plastic can do a number on paper. Thank you!

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
If you and your wife are not already members, I strongly recommend that you join the Road Map Collectors Association. It is a great group that brings all types of map collectors from novices to experts together. They publish a highly informative and educational color newsletter. Any student of petroliana would be interested in the in depth gasoline and oil company profiles that are regularly featured. They also have an annual convention where maps are sold and traded. Dues are a reasonable $15.00 per year. For info contact RMCA, P.O. Box 478, Rowlett, TX 75030-0478.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved