Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#669391 Tue Oct 18 2016 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member

Last edited by Cold Pizza; Tue Oct 18 2016 07:03 PM.
D
D
I had neighbor problems, when I lived in a cull-de-sac. Moved to the country. No HOA, no neighbors, no problems.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Damn, feel bad for that guy. It could get as ugly as those two broads. I too don't have neighbors and am very happy about it.

Have gas all the time
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Don't see any husbands or hear of any on the tape of those sweet old gals, wonder why? Sad that they are not the exception as I've had some of these sweeties as neighbors in the past. Just can't stand to see a man enjoy himself.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Had the same thing with a neighbor that I had caught a guy breaking into her home. She called the city to say I was running a business and making noise after nightfall. Both untrue and by the way she was a stripper who did not wake up till 3 oclock in the afternoon. Family trust bought the house for her.
City came out of course and permanent record of this exist. No problem with the city though as I did not do what was insinuated.
She moved to another state where she continues to do her job.
New neighbor grows pot in the back yard there where it is legal now in Oregon.

Merry Christmas

Craig
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
One of the main problems here is that he has to pay to defend himself!! There should be a law that if you bring suit against someone in a situation like this, and they are found innocent, then you should have to pay their legal fee's. That would make people think twice.
Story ***** me off!!! *******!!! Get a life!!

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Oct 21 2016 11:16 AM. Reason: edit to conform with Guidelines

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leave the guy alone you crabby old lady bags

Last edited by redindianguy; Fri Oct 21 2016 11:57 AM.

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's a beautiful garage, and how great that he overcame his disability to work on what he loves to do, but I'm gonna play devils advocate here:

You guys that live with a woman know we tend to notice smells and sounds that you all don't notice. And the lady on the left has an open heart surgery scar, which might make her even more sensitive. I lived next to a highway, but it becomes a hum after a while, where my hyper-vigilance from my PTSD made me really notice the odd unpredictable loud sounds. It's hard to rest with those noises as you never know when the next one will startle you.

And what probably alarmed them is that he did try to get a permit for an auto repair business - add to it that he has a bunch of friends working on their cars there as well, so it must sound to them like a commercial garage. Or perhaps they are just noticing more because of all the car traffic. He obviously was working on cars on his own before and that was not a problem until the nice garage became a crowd magnet.

Would any of your wives/girlfriends want to live next to what seems like a full time operation? I know I would be concerned for the future, trying to sell my house. It's one thing if you choose to move next to that kind of operation, but having it grow next to you--I can see their point.

Sounds like it would have been a better case for mediation in the beginning before it got this bad - with compromises worked out on all sides.

Hope it works out that he can still do what he loves there--although perhaps not with a big crowd. He seems to have all the systems down pat, and he maintains it beautifully!

And if indeed he is doing everything within the law/zoning/etc. then he will win his court case...and the ladies will have to live with it or move.

Somewhere between what they are saying and he is saying is the truth in what happened. I hope it can work out...

And yeah, living in a rural area with no neighbors in your face is great---as we did for 20 plus years!

Last edited by Nicole; Sat Oct 22 2016 08:24 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
About 35 years ago my neighbor built a big garage that he runs an automotive repair shop out of in our residential neighborhood. My wife has never complained about the noise, smells (he paints cars too) or even several customer cars parked along the road.

The guy in the link didn't try to get the commercial permit until after the neighbors complained. He was told he didn't need one. That should have been the end of it.
He has already mostly won in court. The judge sided with the neighbors about the driveway.

It doesn't help when his buddies antagonize the neighbors by ***** outside.

What hasn't been ruled on is the building code issues. The neighbors are suing to have him tear down part of the shop and remove the signs from the exterior.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ahh...thought it was before the fact.

You'd think that keeping it so nice looking and tidy, that the art on the building would be ok.

You can see what the neighbors did complain about in the judges decision. The judge was very eloquent. And if the guy followed all the zoning requirements, there are no HOA restrictions so he is within his rights.

His go fund me campaign is over 57,000.

http://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=242670

property in question.jpg
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I had two lovely ladies on my case for years. I bought a empty lot next to me. I kept the front half mowed for years,with the understanding between the owner and I that I could park my race trailer. When I bought it the ladies took me and my new lot to the HOA meeting,which I had never been to. Neighbor said I needed to be there because it was all about me. Well long story sort HOA was excited that I had bought it,with plans to clean it off and add it to my property. These gals had pics of everything that ever took place,saying I was going to open a commercial business. Wonder where they got that? Fast forward the next spring I cleared it and I was the topic again because I had knocked down all the trees and it wasn't fair to the BIRDS,where were they to go. Well I can only hope they moved to their yard where they could enjoy them. I have out lasted these two all though the ring leader still owns the house next to the lot,but rents it. I sure miss their input! I never know if I'm screwing up!!

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Sun Nov 06 2016 10:45 AM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
R
R
My take on the situation...never land-lock yourself. Selling the front half of his property, counting on an easement, well this is what happens..he created this deal. Glad it was resolved in his favor..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Shared roads can be a problem too.

Life is too short for this kind of stuff...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have found that fake Christmas trees work well and look nice too. especially when they are all decked out with the works. Another thing that works well is to gets ya some old 21' long hunks of 1" well pipe and drill ya some holes in it and stick the fake Christmas tree limbs in them. That way ya git around 19 feet above ground. I don't think the planes can even see a house if it's done up right.

R
R
Shared road and Christmas trees. pretty cool..

Last edited by Ricker; Mon Nov 07 2016 02:27 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved