Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#669754 Sat Oct 22 2016 06:14 PM
OP Offline
I was looking at pictures to decide what to do with this,my 1st, pump and noticed that most don't have the 4 holes for plates on the lower doors like mine does. Why is this and if they are around were can I find?
Thank you

Resize Wizard-5.jpg Resize Wizard-3.jpg

Vintage car restorer/collector with a love for all things old.. Too many toys never enough room.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Maybe the ones you have seen without the holes may have never had pump plates. I think pumps look better with the pump plates and globes on them even if you leave yours like it is or restore it, it would look good with the plates. I think I have a pic of a Wayne 505 that I restored if I do I will post it

image.jpeg

Kevin sexton
OP Offline
Originally Posted By takitez
Maybe the ones you have seen without the holes may have never had pump plates. I think pumps look better with the pump plates and globes on them even if you leave yours like it is or restore it, it would look good with the plates. I think I have a pic of a Wayne 505 that I restored if I do I will post it
That's a beauty!! Do they make aftermarket ones or do I look for originals? I do not see anything come up with search.

Vintage car restorer/collector with a love for all things old.. Too many toys never enough room.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I like the original pump plates better. But the ones on this pump are reproduction ones you can get them from places like gas pump heaven or Vic's 66

Kevin sexton
OP Offline
Originally Posted By takitez
I like the original pump plates better. But the ones on this pump are reproduction ones you can get them from places like gas pump heaven or Vic's 66
Thank you!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Anytime , No problem

Kevin sexton
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Since this is your first pump; are you going to re paint it or leave it as is?
If you are going for a re paint, decide what brand you want to go with. Texaco and Standard Red (White) Crown used the large sized pump signs. Those are being reproduced and also available in the correct sized decals.
Some brands didn't use signs at all but decals.
If you are re painting and doing a different brand, weld up the holes while you are doing the body work. For signs- align them on the doors before painting them and drill the new holes. Install them after the doors are painted and dry.
For decals, put them on after the doors are done.

ROD [Mich.]
OP Offline
Originally Posted By r49th
Since this is your first pump; are you going to re paint it or leave it as is?
Thanks... I plan on re-painting. Thinking of Polly Gas since it was a local co., phillips 66 or Sky Chief. Hate to get rid of this though.

Resize Wizard-1000.jpg
Last edited by chevy350; Sat Oct 29 2016 05:38 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved