Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
My current shop/building is not heated and therefore I have most of the cans put away. I hope to build another building that will be heated to display the cans and paper items.

Here's a few more pictures.

016 (2).jpg BS signs Nov 12-21.jpg BS signs Nov 12-22.jpg Shop Signs-10.jpg

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Few more.

BS signs Nov 12-23.jpg BS signs Nov 12-24.jpg BS signs Nov 12-25.jpg BS signs Nov 12-26.jpg

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Some more.

BS signs Nov 12-27.jpg BS signs Nov 12-28.jpg BS signs Nov 12-29.jpg BS signs Nov 12-30.jpg

Dave GILL,
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great stuff Dave! The cast lamp is killer! Is it on a pole or wall mount?

Daryl
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Daryl those are cast aluminum street lights from downtown Vancouver 1950's era. They are pretty ornate, have the power receptacles built into them for Christmas lights that got strung across the street. I am missing the acorn style glass lense. I was lucky to find two and will be mounting them on the front of the new building....only if I can stop buying gas & oil long enough to save some money to build it.

Shop Signs-7.jpg Shop Signs-1.jpg

Dave GILL,
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Love it!

Mike
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Have you ever seen the movie "Rudy", where the father walks into Notre Dame stadium for the first time and says, "This is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen", well I allllmost feel like that right now. : ) Beautiful collection.

On a serius note, how do you date a Coke button? I would love to get one someday.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks guys! Canadian Coca Cola buttons are easy; they only came in porcelain and 48" (one size only) and they are all dated. US buttons are a whole other story. they came painted & porcelain, multiple sizes, many different logo's and styles. Most of the painted tin buttons are dated. I haven't seen a porcelain US button dated.

If you are going to collect Coca Cola. It's a good idea to get a Petretti's Coca Cola Collectibles Price Guide book. It's like Jack's Pump book...a must have. From having read you posts, I know that you are a cautious buyer that does his homework. There are 100 times more Coca Cola reproductions then gas & oil, so you can't be to careful.

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
How about some more.

BS signs Nov 12-33.jpg BS signs Nov 12-34.jpg BS signs Nov 12-35.jpg BS signs Nov 12-36.jpg

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
last few for tonight.

BS signs Nov 12-37.jpg BS signs Nov 12-38.jpg BS signs Nov 12-39.jpg BS signs Nov 12-40.jpg

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice collection dave, must be a big building!

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I came to see the wall sconce(awesome) & got to see a killer collection! Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Last edited by rustynuts; Fri Nov 09 2012 12:07 PM.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm glad you enjoyed the photo's and thanks for taking the time to check out my collection.

It's a 32'x80' building. It's pretty cluttered in there. I have building plans and a building permit in place for a 100'x150' building. When the wife I discovered how much the shop was going to be. She said, she wants to build a new house before we do the shop. I don't think I'll be building the shop anytime to soon.

Dave GILL,
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Oh man Dave, what a collection. I plan in the near future to head out west to visit my friend Bud Irving (Bud's World), in Langley, I will definitly have to stop in and see you on the trip. One question, is the "certified tourist information" a Texaco sign? The reason I'm asking is that if I remember correctly, and I maybe wrong, in Gasolene Alley in Calgary, I think Ron Carey has/had one displayed with a B/A oil rack sign, and I always wondered if it was a B/A sign or Texaco or some other company that was just coincedentaly placed side by side.
Later,
Ken.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ken, you are more than welcome to stop by anytime. That goes for any other members, if you are in the area...look me up.

The Certified Tourist Service is a B/A sign. It is marked as such in the fine print on the edge.

Dave GILL,
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved