Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
overandout #670202 Wed Oct 26 2016 10:55 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
You may think its cool to burn a bridge now in the heat of the moment, but just wait till you get pump that no one else makes the parts for. Then you will have wished you hadn't burnt that bridge. I have done business with Ron Scobie for years and would go to him in a heart beat for parts. Before I met Ron, I bought parts from some other vendors and when the parts came they didn't fit worth a damn, so I had to make them work. (Anybody who has had to make parts work that dont fit knows that it ends up looking like it was "made to fit".) Supposedly they were made from exact measurements. Every part that I have ever bought from Ron S. has been perfect even the special orders that he made just for me cause the pump was just that rare. So before you decide to burn a bridge...step back and THINK before you run your mouth and do a cost to benefit ratio. You might find that swallowing your pride may be in your best interest.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
overandout #670237 Thu Oct 27 2016 12:29 PM
R
R
I have talked to Ron a few times over the phone and email the last 4 years and has always been good to me.

Dealing with the public - ie: multiple people at the same time you have to be on your A game 100% of the time. I think we all can agree that nobody ever is.

With that said, he has good solid products and that says a lot to his attention to detail and interest in his work.

Last edited by rkmiller; Thu Oct 27 2016 12:29 PM.

Ryan
overandout #670239 Thu Oct 27 2016 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm sorry but Until you take the time to meet and see the man in action and understand why he is and does all that he does for this hobby, nothing you say about Ron would change my thoughts about him.

Ron Scobie does not have a drive up window at his business and never has tried to be compared to a fast food service. He has shown that if you have patience, he will supply you with knowledge, what parts he has, try to make what you need or refer you to another supplier that he know has what your looking for!

Ron doesn't do this stuff to make a living and never has as he has always enjoyed doing it for his love of the hobby and his knowledge of the parts needed in our restorations.

Ron and his wife Cathy are the total makeup of his staff and they have always enjoyed it that way.

If a guy has to shut down sales for a whole month just to get caught up on orders, I'm sorry but he must be doing things correctly for a lot of us.

Being he is retired and has a family, one who actually knows him would understand that not every minute of every day is spent taking rare pump parts to have new ones cast!!!!

Ron is not someone who likes sitting still, so if he can't find the time to fill your order, there is a reason!!! Those who know him know that when he had surgery for a recent health issue also know that he was told to rest afterwards and Cathy just about had to tie him down to keep from filling orders.

So please don't be offended that I don't like this thread even though you have the right to start it and vent. Ron will treat any customer and friend the same that they treat him so maybe there is more to this story. I know some time back that Ron bent over backwards to fill/ship an order for a customer and then had to travel to his small town many states away just to take him to court to get paid because he trusted the guy to send payment....all that just for a hobby he loves!

I add my name to the list of those who enjoy doing business with Ron Scobie and if he leaves this world before me, I understand how much he will be missed not just as a restoration supplier but as a friend.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
overandout #670242 Thu Oct 27 2016 03:29 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I have done business with Ron for years and not a problem.

Thanks, Phil
Mike M. #670243 Thu Oct 27 2016 03:34 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By Mike M.
I'm sorry but Until you take the time to meet and see the man in action and understand why he is and does all that he does for this hobby, nothing you say about Ron would change my thoughts about him.

Ron Scobie does not have a drive up window at his business and never has tried to be compared to a fast food service. He has shown that if you have patience, he will supply you with knowledge, what parts he has, try to make what you need or refer you to another supplier that he know has what your looking for!

Ron doesn't do this stuff to make a living and never has as he has always enjoyed doing it for his love of the hobby and his knowledge of the parts needed in our restorations.

Ron and his wife Cathy are the total makeup of his staff and they have always enjoyed it that way.

If a guy has to shut down sales for a whole month just to get caught up on orders, I'm sorry but he must be doing things correctly for a lot of us.

Being he is retired and has a family, one who actually knows him would understand that not every minute of every day is spent taking rare pump parts to have new ones cast!!!!

Ron is not someone who likes sitting still, so if he can't find the time to fill your order, there is a reason!!! Those who know him know that when he had surgery for a recent health issue also know that he was told to rest afterwards and Cathy just about had to tie him down to keep from filling orders.

So please don't be offended that I don't like this thread even though you have the right to start it and vent. Ron will treat any customer and friend the same that they treat him so maybe there is more to this story. I know some time back that Ron bent over backwards to fill/ship an order for a customer and then had to travel to his small town many states away just to take him to court to get paid because he trusted the guy to send payment....all that just for a hobby he loves!

I add my name to the list of those who enjoy doing business with Ron Scobie and if he leaves this world before me, I understand how much he will be missed not just as a restoration supplier but as a friend.
I agree 150% with you Mike. Ron has always been an honest friend in the hobby. It pains me to read all of these snide remarks. He does not deserve this and if you think that he treated you rudely, you have never gotten [me] cranked up. I can be a bigger nightmare than anyone.....including someone having a bad day. Not something I am proud of but true, none-the-less. This site was never made to air our dirty laundry like this and I find it sad that it was started by a newby who has nothing to bring here but bitterness. As said before " Grow up." Get along or go somewhere else. We were fine without you. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

overandout #670244 Thu Oct 27 2016 04:09 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Paul, Tell us what you really think ??

Craig
overandout #670260 Thu Oct 27 2016 08:06 PM
W
W
I am locking this topic up for various reasons. I believe it has gone far enough that everyone gets the point. In this world of electronic communication, there is often a lot that is lost in the progress of the discussion, and often times, the subject gets diverted down a path that is other than what was intended.
Old Gas was never intended to be used as a forum to discount others or air our concerns about them, unless it concerns an issue that affects all of the membership in many ways.
All of us have had problems within the hobby at one time or another, and the individuals that really rise above those problems, have done a little research and consulted others about ways to better understand the problem and if there is anything they could do to circumvent the problem. Patience is a virtue and this hobby seems to demand a lot of patience from all of us.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved