Next Thread
Print Thread
#671054 Fri Nov 04 2016 06:25 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I picked up a vintage 40's baseball uniform with "Esso Bayonne" on the front and the number 30 on the back. This uniform was either used by the Bayonne Refinery in Bayonne NJ or by the crew of the SS Bayonne oil tanker crew. Either way it is a great cross promotional piece for Esso collectors, baseball collectors, and war era collectors.

I have tried to research baseball in that era in the Bayonne region or in reference to Esso itself. Unfortunately there isn't much I can find online and likely it would require local digging in archives in the Bayonne NJ area or with the Esso Tanker historians to determine whether this is from the refinery or tanker.

This would be a great uniform to display either on a mannequin or frame it up. There is a section cut out of the jersey to make the pocket more accessible on the pants. This was odd to me until I was told this was often done back then for access to the back pocket.

Asking $250 including shipping.

esso1.jpg esso2.jpg esso3.jpg esso4.jpg

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Here is a pic of the cut out from the jersey. And these are vintage Dodge Davis pieces.

esso5.jpg

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved