Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
you are tha man jack!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
OK now we need a new discussion area: "Posts While Drunk"

might be the most interesting one on here..LOL (oops!)

As a newbie to this hobby I agree with Jack 100%. I came to this site to be able to ask questions and learn from the seasoned veterans. I am first and foremost a car collector and I wouldn't be where I am today if someone had not shared their wisdom or belittled me for lack of knowledge. I have a lot to learn here and am looking forward to it.
Cheers and happy holidays

Vintage car restorer/collector with a love for all things old.. Too many toys never enough room.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would like to add my 2 cents . I'm new to this hobbie and have learned allot and I'm sure this site has saved me thousands of dollars in fantasy and repoped signs.It took my while to learn all the terms and if I do have questions I asked. I try to find the answer myself now because I love this hobbie and want to learn, I have found when you have a bunch of people there are always opinions on how things should be. I really like the fact there is forum that list all the junk signs and a page where you can see who all the ebay scam artists are. We all may never agree but we all are here because we love patolianna items. Maybe someone that has a little time and knows all the acronym make a place on the site we can send people that want to get educated. The ones that just wants answer and don't want to put forth any effort. They will fade into the darkness because they don't have passion and it's just a faze for them have a great weekend everyone

I think you old school guys on old gas are the best.cant beat the knowledge here. Very helpful to a dedicated nubie.i don't always get the answer I want,but I appreciate the knowledge. Been hanging around for a year now.and I plan on staying

Randy just left me a comment on a question in the general discussion and it's one of those acronym. lmo or imo . Sucks being a newbie. Im not sure what he meant.😏 How funny!!! I think it meant (I might of.)?

Last edited by Rasorrat; Sat Dec 03 2016 10:12 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rasorrat, Imo = In my opinion.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Still enjoy this site and hope we continue to share knowledge with anyone who ask . The only way it can continue is new people joining into the discussion and not just look for instant gratification and move on . That seems to be the new mind set these days demand to be given something not earn it by participation.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By coheley5
Still enjoy this site and hope we continue to share knowledge with anyone who ask . The only way it can continue is new people joining into the discussion and not just look for instant gratification and move on . That seems to be the new mind set these days demand to be given something not earn it by participation.

You MUST be referring to my son .....

see ya on the road folks !
S
S
I'm still a newbie to this site and to the hobby as well. I find that the knowledge that many on this forum have is amazing and I hope I can get there one day. I am on the fence about acronyms. I see where Jack is coming from 100% and feel the same way, but I also know we live in society where everything is rushed. I personally come to this site to learn as much as possible and interact with others of same interest. I guess if that means I have to look up some acronyms then so-be-it.

I have read a few posts where others have 'belittled' a newbie or even a veteran for that matter, but I can't say I have had that interaction yet. Those I've PM'd (ha an acronym) have been awesome and explained things when I had a question. If I had a negative first experience I maybe wouldn't have come back. We should keep this hobby alive and teach each other...IMO (in my opinion). Great forum and hope to keep learning.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved