Print Thread
#677833 Fri Jan 27 2017 10:51 PM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Just post another ECO to Ebay. $3299.00. This is how I restore them:

The best way to view the meter is to copy the number above.
Follow the directions in the blue strip just below, then if you decide to purchase it a fee will be sent to Jim to help support this site.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Sold and paid for.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
Sold and paid for.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken"

Looks like ebay and Jim both got screwed out of their commissions

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yep

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
My wife did that, and I apologize for the mistake. Cindy is trying to help me. Recently her brother came to live with us, he is eaten up with cancer, she has been taking him to every doctor/hospital etc. I was due to have as knee replacement today, but had to put it off until at least April because Cindy fell last week and dislocated her shoulder and broke a bone. Of course the arm she hurt was her dominate arm.

So, now, I am the only one in the family that can drive, I have also leaned how to operate the washing machine, the dryer, the dish washer, how to cook meals, how to shop for groceries, and what hospital/doctor to take her bother too.

Because of the added expense we now have she was very happy to have someone purchase a ECO from us,and not thinking how to cancel the ebay listing she did what she did.

If someone had just sent me an email pointing this out, I would have recolonize what she had done.

Rick, Rob, thank you for pointing out our mistake, I will contact Jim to inquire how much of a commission he should have received, and I will double it.

Jack Sim

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Well we are all wrong. Notice it is almost 4 in the morning and I just went and told Cindy what happened.

She said she received a phone call from a man who wanted to purchase a ECO, he called us because he had gone to our website, saw the meters we have for sale, got our phone number off of my website, not from Old Gas, nor from Ebay. He talked to her about our ECOs and decided to purchase one. Cindy went to Ebay and cancelled the listing for whatever reason.

I have been a member of OG since 2000, my number is 57. In the last 17 years I have never sold a restored ECO here on OG, and I mean never. I have sold a few on Ebay, but most have been sold because of my website.

So, no, Old Gas, did not get cheated out of a commission, but I will still forward on to Jim what the commission would have been.

Jack Sim

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Good Morning Jack

It certainly sounds like your days are not at all like you may have been planning. Rest assured that the OG membership recognizes your expertise and integrity and know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I usually keep my mouth closed on this stuff, but I can't stand to see cheap shots taken to one of our pioneers in this hobby. Jack has provided more to this hobby than just about everyone else on this site. I truly believe this hobby is where it is today because of Jack and Jim.

Jack, you owe nobody on this site or anywhere else an explanation for what you do. I am saddened that you have to take the time out from your busy schedule to explain yourself. We wish you all the best Jack.

As for couple negative folks that typed their sentence or one word. I checked your past sales and didn't catch anywhere where you were donating any part of a sale to OG. Here Jack wasn't even selling through OG, but he even made the effort to help OG out on the ebay sale in his very first post and you have nothing better to do than chastise him. Unreal...

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Dave9340

You are 100 percent Correct !!!!

Jack is class act !

Sid

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
Petro Enthusiast