Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are a lot of us that prefer original pumps as found just cleaned up or tweaked a little. That is one of favorite pumps and with a little cleaning and added color would be a great pump and you look to have a great helper. That's the way to bring them up. Nice score on the pump!

Off topic but is that jack holding up that side of your house?

Have gas all the time
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Old Gas. Great start on signs and very cool of you to bring your daughter to pick up that pump. I am currently restoring a pump I bought off a family. They said it has been in front of their garage since there daughter was 5 years old (probably 30 years ago). She is now grown up, out of the house and has a career. They are keeping in touch with me for pictures to share with the family once it is restored. Long story short - it meant a lot to them and they had a lot of memories collecting stuff together. I think they wish they didn't sell it.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would like to say thanks for sharing and welcome to old gas... im a new collector.... i try to buy as nice as i can afford....however you a sweet looking sign.... its like anything take what you can and with allot of personalities people sometime are harsh... i have my brusies lol.... but im still here...btw im a wanted to be gear head that is better at fixing house than working on cars...i do like my 5.7 hemi....there are allot of good people on here that have helped me out allot and allot of people are very willing to educate as well....have fun maybe ill see you at a show

Last edited by kenr; Sat Mar 04 2017 05:23 PM.
A
AintQik Offline OP
OP Offline
A
That's the house I found the pump and sign at! It looked to be pretty vintage and I thought she might throw that in too!

I guess her husband collects things as there were signs, cars, parts, and general petroliana everywhere. I went for the pump, but she offered the sign as well as he wasn't going to do anything with it and it was sitting outside against a 57 Chevy. I tried to get that too lol.

To be honest I got worried when I saw all the stuff because I figured they would know what its worth and try to kill me. I got the pump and sign for $500 which I thought was better than fair but then again I'm no expert. Maybe having my daughter with me helped lol!

I'm trying to decide what to do with the pump. I don't know if I should clean it up or do a full restoration. First time with a pump.

Last edited by AintQik; Sun Mar 05 2017 06:55 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome,

Beat up signs need some love too!

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved