Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#683556 - Thu Mar 30 2017 03:06 PM Need Dupont Color Codes for Texaco Red & Green
Ted Matthews Offline

Loc: Dallas/Ft. Worth
I know this is a subject that has been beaen to death on the forum, but believe me, I have searched the archives and still have not found anything. I have the following PPG codes for Texaco red and green, but I can't find the cross-over for Dupont paint. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Texaco Red PPG 70008
Texaco Green PPG 42783

Thanks,
Ted

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#683563 - Thu Mar 30 2017 07:29 PM Re: Need Dupont Color Codes for Texaco Red & Green [Re: Ted Matthews]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
If you paint your unit using the above codes and then put your decals on the unit, chances are the green on the decal will not match the paint, that is why we suggest, take you decals to the paint store and have them match the colors on the decal.

Jack Sim

#683575 - Thu Mar 30 2017 09:51 PM Re: Need Dupont Color Codes for Texaco Red & Green [Re: Ted Matthews]
Ted Matthews Offline

Loc: Dallas/Ft. Worth
I'm painting an ECO Islander and don't plan to use decals. I don't even have a set of decals or a sign to have the painter take a picture of. Guess, I'll have to track down a sign somewhere.
Ted

#683580 - Thu Mar 30 2017 11:20 PM Re: Need Dupont Color Codes for Texaco Red & Green [Re: Ted Matthews]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
ECOs and Islanders left the factory, not very many were painted different colors. During the last years of the ECOs they were powder coated. I tracted down who was supplying the powder and found out it was "Powder by the Pound." The color is "Mirror Red."

Jack Sim

#683588 - Fri Mar 31 2017 05:35 AM Re: Need Dupont Color Codes for Texaco Red & Green [Re: Ted Matthews]
gasmansgp Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Severn, Maryland USA
Go to your auto paint store. Get the fleet color chip booklet out and pick a red that you like. The paint shop will use the code from the book to make your paint. Most gas companies only used the fleet colors as they were the most common and economical. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved