Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#687406 Wed May 24 2017 08:54 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
does anyone have the paint codes for associated gasoline white, red, and green?

Always Available 973-932-2980

Joe - Iron Vise LLC
sales@ironvise.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Paint codes have almost become a thing of the past, especially codes for from back in the even 50s.
I remember restoring pumps back in the 1980s, I had been associated with the body repair business and knew about paint work. I knew about paint codes, but by this time the only thing everyone was concerned about was "base coat/clear coat."
At the paint store, I asked about those books that were down there behind the counter. They dragged them out and let me look at them. I remember looking up some Texaco colors. It seemed that Texaco had a red for the outside of the station, another for inside the station, still another for the delivery trucks, and still another for the pumps, etc.
So, which color so you want for your Associated needs?

Now, the easy part, years ago those of us who were restoring pumps realized that the aftermarket decals that we were intending to put on the pump did not match what we thought to be the correct "white, red and green." At this time we all somewhat decided to tell others, take the decal to the paint store, have them duplicate the colors of the decal. This way, you will not have two different reds, etc. on the pump.
This has been stated many time here over the years when someone asks as you have, but sometimes it just needs to be explained fully.
Pass it one.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Wed May 24 2017 11:04 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Owning a body shop for the last 30 years we have found that we have to just about make any older color now from scratch. The problems started when the EPA started outlawing the older chemicals and pigments to make said colors. So even if you find an old paint code chances are there will now longer be a mix for it. Last year I tried to have a quart of single stage hemi orange engine paint done for my 70 Challenger and we had to build the color from scratch

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Joe, are you restoring a visible or electric gas pump? I am in the process of restoring a visible in Associated Gasoline. Do you have any images of a visible with this color scheme? I am particularly interested to find out which part of the pump is white. The only image I can find on internet shows the skins in light green and the base,top dome and cylinder base in red.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved